PDA

View Full Version : I'm coming out of the closet! Livin' on the DL.

paulaedwina
Jul. 8, 2011, 06:00 PM
I've secretly and not so secretly loved draft horses - as inappropriate as they can be for dressage. Sitting a draft makes me so happy and relaxed.

I've trying to reconcile my desires - PSG -with my attraction to drafts. I've been looking at heavier TBs as a compromise, and willing to form a relationship with a TB. They're lovely horses, after all, and it's not that I dislike them, I just like big butts. Unfortunately what I've found is that even after settling for the narrow horse, a mere glimpse of a big butt (there was a thread about a new dressage prospect) makes me want to stray. I figured a good compromise would be to get a heavier TB and go out and ride other people's drafts on the side (livin' life on the Down Low ;)).

Came to a head - resulted in tears of frustration with one of my trainers. I was gently reminded by good friends from here, other online sources, and the real world, that I should get the horse I want. The permission was euphoric. I started looking again at horses along the lines of what I truly wanted - draft crosses.

Inside of 2 days I've found, test-ridden, and put a deposit on a big chestnut Percheron cross. http://www.adamshorsesales.com/about.html

Ahhh: it feels so good to come out. I'm here, I like drafts for dressage, get use to it! :lol::lol:

Mind you I haven't told my BNT yet:D Better to beg forgiveness than ask permission :lol:

Paula

GallopingGrape
Jul. 8, 2011, 06:05 PM
Oh I'm drooling! Congrats! I hope he's the perfect horse for you! I LOVE BIG BUTTS TOO!
Kim
www.GallopingGrape.com

rizzodm
Jul. 8, 2011, 06:09 PM
:DI like big butts and I cannot lie
those other horses I can deny
but when a big butt comes trotting in
I go nuts!

carolprudm
Jul. 8, 2011, 06:14 PM
https://picasaweb.google.com/carolp3231/Sophie#5467746028727381890

paulaedwina
Jul. 8, 2011, 06:15 PM
And that's the darned truth! I was looking at those narrow horses and picked out some promising ones and was even imagining the things I could do with them. And then someone says "hey look at this big guy" and I'm out the door.

There's a feeling when I sit on a broad back and feel the boom boom of those feet striking the earth.... I feel like I can do anything. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m48GqaOz90

Hey now, Boom Boom Pow should be our first freestyle!

Paula

Fourbeats
Jul. 8, 2011, 06:36 PM
Congratulations! Your gonna love him. I have a Belgian paint cross that I bred and raised who is turning out to be an incredible horse. Her full older sister had the better sport horse conformation, but didn't get the brain this one has. This one, while somehow missing out on the height (she's only 15.1), slightly downhill, and with a longer back than I'd like, has probably the best brain of any horse I've ridden in almost 30 years. So I can live with her faults. She even moves half way decent for a draft cross despite her build. She won't win any FEI classes but I see no reason why she can't do decent lower level stuff. She has a huge heart, she's very forgiving, and seems to love this journey as much as I do. Every time I ride her I pinch myself that I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful mare. Literally.

I can't wait to hear about your adventures with your new boy.

My Petra

paulaedwina
Jul. 8, 2011, 06:44 PM
She's got a long back for sure, but if she's downhill it's got to be only very slightly. I bet she can pick up that front end! I love her color too. Does she dapple?

I exercise a very very downhill QH for my equitation trainer and I can get her round (lots of lateral work and a very correct canter depart). So if Cajun can, Petra can. We'll see each other in the ring!

Paula

Lost_at_C
Jul. 8, 2011, 06:55 PM
He's interesting. Any idea what he's crossed with? (I have my suspicions ;)) He won't win any dressage suitability prizes but there's something quite endearing about him!

Vesper Sparrow
Jul. 8, 2011, 07:05 PM
I have a TB with a massive butt. I always tease him about it. It has a big white Tetrarch spot on the left check, which makes it look even bigger.

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp163/VesperSparrowCOTH/IMG_1208.jpg

But we all have to follow our star. If drafts make you happy, go for it.

cb06
Jul. 8, 2011, 07:12 PM
That is fantastic Paula! ....and good for you for getting the horse YOU want! He looks completely adorable, 3 solid gaits, and full of try. I'd bet a lot of 'mulla' he is draft crossed with a saddlebred or morgan...which makes me love him even more! Hope you have many years of fun with him. :)

Fourbeats
Jul. 8, 2011, 07:47 PM
She's a mare so I can give her a little slack on the back. She's strong through the loin area and solid as a rock, hence the name. She came out a chunky little monkey so I knew she would be stout when she grew up. Yes, she dapples nicely, actually is dappled in the picture but the shine is hiding them. She's a dark, dark, bay almost black. Perfect color. I have less than 8 weeks on her so far and she's just amazing me with her willingness and decidability. Actually, she's not, it's one of the nice things about most drafts, that wonderful accepting mind.

horsetales
Jul. 8, 2011, 08:00 PM
Congrats & good luck from another big butt lover ;) My girl's booty is even larger and I can't wait to start dressage with her (she currently has a foal by a large butted Irish Draught who is currently with Tom Dvorak at I1 - so don't rule out big butts in the upper levels :) )

carolprudm
Jul. 8, 2011, 08:11 PM
Congrats & good luck from another big butt lover ;) My girl's booty is even larger and I can't wait to start dressage with her (she currently has a foal by a large butted Irish Draught who is currently with Tom Dvorak at I1 - so don't rule out big butts in the upper levels :) )
Love Steeped in Luck RID!

Sophie, link above, is by Touch of the Blues RID

Opus1
Jul. 8, 2011, 08:17 PM
Congrats!

I, too, have been lusting over some heavier breeds (Shire, Cleveland Bay) and I've almost made up my mind to buy one. Even if we'll never place at an A/AA Hunter show. ;)

FlashGordon
Jul. 8, 2011, 08:52 PM
He's so cute. I would have bought him too.

I've known quite a few very kind, tractable Belgian crosses and temperament is always high on my list! Enjoy him and be sure to post updates.

carolprudm
Jul. 8, 2011, 08:53 PM
Congrats!

I, too, have been lusting over some heavier breeds (Shire, Cleveland Bay) and I've almost made up my mind to buy one. Even if we'll never place at an A/AA Hunter show. ;)
Be sure to check out Irish Draughts too

CosMonster
Jul. 8, 2011, 09:17 PM
:D Go Paula! You should definitely get a horse that makes you happy...any time I start contrasting what I "should" do with what I want to do, the words of a very wise trainer float back at me..."This sport is too damn expensive to do if you're not having fun!" :lol:

I'm on the other end of the spectrum and like itty bitty Arabs, but whenever I get comments from so-serious dressage trainers about how the horse isn't appropriate, I innocently ask, "But can't dressage improve any horse?" I find it gets the point across. If they press the issue, I proceed by pointing out that I'm not trying to get onto the Olympic team, I'm just trying to enjoy my dressage time.

It does get better, too. Eventually you will get the reputation as the crazy [insert breed here] lady and people will leave you to enjoy your nontraditional breed in peace. Or maybe that's just me. :uhoh:

hrsmstr
Jul. 8, 2011, 09:35 PM
Well, CosMonster, I never thought I was in the closet but what the hell. Here goes. I love my Arabian, I ride him dressage and he does very well. The best thing I love about Arabians is that when I fall off of one, it's not so far to the ground as when I fall off a warmblood ;-)

I will admit to having an epiphany several months ago. At the time I had been riding a leased QH/Appy cross. A friend of mine allowed me to ride in her Hulsebos saddle atop her very lovely and tall Hanoverian. It was like driving a Jaguar after I'd been on a riding lawn mower. I remember thinking...now THIS is a horse. When I got home my husband took one look at my face and said, "I am screwed, aren't I."

Well, I no longer am leasing the QH/Appy. My little Arab isn't a Hanoverian, not by a couple of hands, but he still is nice and comfortable.

paulaedwina
Jul. 8, 2011, 09:42 PM
Thanks, guys. Being out feels soooo good. I need a draft pride sticker or something for the truck!

Regarding his cross -it's something interesting. I'm thinking he's not 1/2 draft, but maybe 1/4 draft, or he's a very lucky, refined 1/2 draft. And he's crossed with something interesting. He's too tall and has too much neck for a QH cross. I was wondering if it was a TB cross, but you're right he has brilliant self carriage. I do know a full perch (a pmu horse) who floats across fields. He looks like a giant Fresian. So it is possible he's got the carriage from his Perch heritage. My equitation trainer wondered whether there was TWH in there, but I don't think it's that. I'm liking SB. The trot is just freakin' divine!. I think Morgan you might have lost the size? The sales video says 16 hh, but I think this is one of those rare instances where that was underestimated. The seller is quite tall, and I'm 5'8". I'm thinking this fellow is 16 .2 or so.

Keeping my fingers crossed on the PPE.

Paula

Petstorejunkie
Jul. 8, 2011, 10:21 PM
Congrats Paula!

Opus1
Jul. 8, 2011, 10:22 PM
Be sure to check out Irish Draughts too

Oh, I'm looking at them too. They just tend to be a bit pricier. :)

paulaedwina
Jul. 8, 2011, 10:38 PM
Here's a follow-up to Big Ed. A little background: I'd found the seller on Dreamhorse.com

http://www.dreamhorse.com/show_horse.php?form_horse_id=1646499

and when I emailed the seller she said she'd sold him to John Adams and I knew him from earlier in my horse search (last winter). He buys horses, rehabs, retrains and sells them. He was so helpful with all the information he had on various animals. He offered me a draft mare at the time but I wanted a gelding and I was still in the closet :D

So I'd gotten the email from the seller this morning and literally called John up right then, canceled my dressage lesson and drove out to his place (2 hrs) to test ride the horse. Right there I put a deposit on him pending trainer approval (I went by myself instead of with a trainer and knew enough to know I didn't know enough to do this on my own :lol: So I took lots of pictures and video), and PPE.

Looking back on the initial sales ad on Dreamhorse you can see he's a STB cross. Whoever said SB cross was close - you get a cookie. That explains why I like him so much (I love standardbreds too). That also explains his endurance and his go....and probably why keeping the canter is going to be a bit of a training challenge (but he's not gaited so it's completely doable).

Paula

mishmash
Jul. 8, 2011, 10:43 PM
17.1 Percheron gelding

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1045429581091.2008312.1386199818#!/photo.php?fbid=1069568864558&set=a.1045429581091.2008312.1386199818&type=1&theater

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1069568864558&set=a.1045429581091.2008312.1386199818&type=1&theater#!/photo.php?fbid=1045429661093&set=a.1045429581091.2008312.1386199818&type=1&theater

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1069568864558&set=a.1045429581091.2008312.1386199818&type=1&theater#!/photo.php?fbid=1069568824557&set=a.1045429581091.2008312.1386199818&type=1&theater

paulaedwina
Jul. 8, 2011, 11:04 PM
I don't have facebook so I can't see your big butt :cry:

Paula

rizzodm
Jul. 8, 2011, 11:16 PM
I don't have facebook so I can't see your big butt :cry:

Paula

Classic:lol:

Fourbeats
Jul. 8, 2011, 11:18 PM
Mishmash, that "where's my pony toy" pic just gave me serious heart palpitation. What a hunk!

Emy
Jul. 8, 2011, 11:30 PM

Steeped in Luck placed 11th out of 34 in the I1 at the Milton CDI 2 weeks ago. He had a solid 65+% getting him Long Listed for the Canadian Team.... not too shabby for a Draught horse or any breed for that matter!

svvdressage
Jul. 8, 2011, 11:45 PM
Can you ask them if they will throw in the little appy pony and then you can send him my way??

paulaedwina
Jul. 8, 2011, 11:47 PM
They were adorable too. They came up to get nose scritches.

Paula

amm2cd
Jul. 9, 2011, 12:21 AM
The easiest way to a big butt is good feed in a QH....
3 year old QH at his first championships. The butt has grown since then. (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30899681&l=8de218eac2&id=121201214)

Proof that the butt has grown (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31550156&l=ec5980d954&id=121201214)

KBC
Jul. 9, 2011, 12:42 AM
Can you ask them if they will throw in the little appy pony and then you can send him my way??

:lol: I had the very same thought. Yet another one coming out of the closet here, I'm meant to be selling Bert here, but I want to try her in a couple of tests

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb198/rm185western/Horses/Bert/BIGBERTRIDES033.jpg

I love your new boy Paula, hope the ppe goes well

paulaedwina
Jul. 9, 2011, 12:51 AM
LOL! I love the fearless leader QH picture :lol::lol: He looks like his head is under water!

I had the very same thought. Yet another one coming out of the closet here, I'm meant to be selling Bert here, but I want to try her in a couple of tests

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/b...RTRIDES033.jpg

Come out come out wherever you are :winkgrin:

And regarding Bert -what are you nuts! Keep her! She's like a lion/horse/teddy bear! What is she BTW? I love the black knees!

I love your new boy Paula, hope the ppe goes well

Thanks. I hope so too because I've fallen hard. The boy has me thinking about having a facebook page!:eek:

Paula

KBC
Jul. 9, 2011, 01:12 AM
:lol: Big Bert is $200 worth of rescue (and overpriced at that) she is draft x QH x satan spawn from hell, and I love her to bits, when she isn't actively trying to kill me that is.

Seriously I bought her because I couldn't resist her, but I quickly found out that I was way way in over my head. She has taught me so much my horse handling skills have never been better. If you are a slightly nervous older re-rider it seems that buying a mare that hasn't been handled for 7 years is a bit of an ask.

She also happens to have a foal at foot, who I also want to keep, here he is

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb198/rm185western/Horses/Big%20Berts%20Beautiful%20Baby/june6th40.jpg

4 months old, gelded already, over 13 hh, Oh, and he is unplanned foal by my 14.2 Haflinger stud:lol::lol:

I can so see why you are so taken with your big boy, they are addicting

paulaedwina
Jul. 9, 2011, 01:15 AM
I think I remember her now. Didn't you have a breakthrough where she let you scritch her face. And goodness her baby's tall. She'll need him to stand in a ditch to suckle soon :lol:

So I've told my BNT. I'd called to reschedule the canceled lesson and she asked me how the ride went so I told her I put the deposit down. I got an "Oh Paula!". But I said I figured it would be easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission and that got a laugh. She says I have to convince her so I will try my best.

Paula

irkenequine
Jul. 9, 2011, 04:25 AM
AMEN sister!

long story short, needed a horse to continue competing with....my trainer convinced me (regretfully) to sell my horse, and purchase a highly talented Selle Francais.

Who was a full blown ASSHOLE...miserable ground manners, spooky, flighty, obnoxious, and not my style. It ended in tears, and him going to a home with more tolerance and timing than me. I was not meant to be with the firey hotheads....i love a steady eddie draft cross!

So beyond happy with my Dutch WB/belgian cross filly I can't begin to say! She's not the smartest I've ever met and that is a-okay. Totally unflappable, big, sturdy, and people friendly. I will ALWAYS do a draft cross!

paulaedwina
Jul. 9, 2011, 06:00 AM
We're like cautionary tales :). I am so sorry you didn't have the intervention I did with my friends before you had to sell your horse. I am very glad though that you did come to terms and are happy again. As one of my friends put it (I'll paraphrase); you're paying to keep it, feed it, keep it healthy, lessons, board, insurance, etc. It better bloody well be the horse you want.

Here's an interesting after effect. I've been struggling with my dissertation this semester. Week after week would pass with minimal re-writing done. I came out of the closet yesterday and became a re-writing machine! I hadn't realized how much this situation had me tied up in knots!

Good for us. Now go out into the world and convince others to follow their hearts!

Paula

thatmoody
Jul. 9, 2011, 06:24 AM
Congrats on the purchase and especially congrats on the diss - I will be following both avidly (almost done myself - 1/2 chapter to go, defending in the fall, cross your fingers!)! I can't wait to see pictures of him under saddle - he looks quite forward and nice! I own a sort of draft myself (full Friesian) so I can certainly relate; he is a good boy, although a trifle difficult to ride :D.

HollysHobbies
Jul. 9, 2011, 08:34 AM
Hey now, I've got a selle francais with a heart of gold--I've owned him for 10 years and he's a card carrying big butt member--very old style, heavy SF. He helped me get my Bronze--funny, because he's a saint and super friendly lap-horse. He's the absolute love of my life.

PE, CONGRATS on buying the horse you LOVE! THAT IS THE SECRET TO LIFE! My new prospect is a firey buckskin morgan--definately atraditional and opposite of my SelleFrancais and initially rejected by trainer, but she's was my heart's desire. There are photos of her and my BIG selle-francais on my blog page.

YES, PE, get a facebook page (or some kind of blog) so we can see photos of you and your new handsome boy! Very exciting!

AllWeatherGal
Jul. 9, 2011, 09:08 AM
Hey now, I've got a selle francais with a heart of gold--I've owned him for 10 years and he's a card carrying big butt member--very old style, heavy SF. He helped me get my Bronze--funny, because he's a saint and super friendly lap-horse. He's the absolute love of my life.

My SF/Dutch cross mare has a butt that matches mine! I think the trick with SFs is they have to be well-muscled and being more "hot" require the exercise to get there, but now that my girl's grown up (mentally) and still no saint, she's very friendly, smart, super-talented, and a horse I strive to be worthy (of).

Before her, I loved my on-loan Haffie friend who was a little lower to the ground. Being short-ish, tho, I had trouble getting my legs around his barrel ;) ... never fell off a horse as many times as I fell from him.

horsetales
Jul. 9, 2011, 10:47 AM
Steeped in Luck placed 11th out of 34 in the I1 at the Milton CDI 2 weeks ago. He had a solid 65+% getting him Long Listed for the Canadian Team.... not too shabby for a Draught horse or any breed for that matter!

Thanks for the update :) :) Love the irish & big butts ;) Hope we see more given a chance

Graureiter
Jul. 9, 2011, 04:42 PM
Welcome to the Club. :)

My first horse was "dainty" (15h2") Percheron mare. Also known at the barn as the " Double Wide" . Now retired as a "boyfriend safe" horse.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o296/graureiter/Horses/scan0012.jpg

Her replacement is Jesse, but I'm not sure if a 17h2" part bred Cleveland Bay can be considered a "Draft Cross" :cool:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o296/graureiter/Horses/1-16-10035.jpg

P.S. Two weeks ago we got 65.something % at a USDF Intro B test.

Ldbgcoleman
Jul. 9, 2011, 05:51 PM
I love my Perch Tb cross :) isn't part of the foundation of warmbloods draft horses? I'm riding for fun and I choose the best horse for me. I'm fine with an honest trainer but horse snobs not so much :)

paulaedwina
Jul. 9, 2011, 09:07 PM
Graureiter, those are awesome pictures! Talk about having fun with your horsie! You are what I aspire to...well not the armor, but being up for it.

Ldbgcoleman,

I don't think my trainer was being a breed snob. She comes from a very diverse Western background. She was just trying to steer me in the direction most likely to help me meet my goals. From that perspective it makes little sense to look at draft horses right? She just didn't realize how much I love the big butts I think. She didn't realize how it was tying me up in knots and I wasn't strong enough to tell her. I really admire her skills and ability and kind of lost myself I think. So I can't blame her for what she didn't know. My equitation trainer, on the other hand, has known me for over a decade and knows my temperament and is more likely to see below the surface.

Paula

GreyStreet
Jul. 9, 2011, 11:20 PM
Beautiful horse, congratulations!

One thing I have never understood is sale ads where someone is standing on the horse's back. I can't tell you how many of these I've seen over the years! Whatever floats the seller's boat, I guess.

Best of luck in your new partnership!

paulaedwina
Jul. 9, 2011, 11:24 PM
Yeah - I think he's trying to show how steady the horse is temperament wise. I agree; to each his own. The horse has a great mind though -that's for sure.

Paula

stoicfish
Jul. 10, 2011, 12:14 AM
I love my Perch Tb cross :) isn't part of the foundation of warmbloods draft horses? I'm riding for fun and I choose the best horse for me. I'm fine with an honest trainer but horse snobs not so much :)

They were a heavier horse but not a "draft horse" as you see them today. Drafts 300 years ago did not look like drafts do today, obviously. But even 200 years ago the WB's were a different type of horse - think war horse. Big, strong, athletic and can go longer distances.
Drafts of today are more of a pulling or showing animal.
But, any horse that is willing to try is a good horse, and not all of us are GP bound. Not all WB's are either.

Coyoteco
Jul. 10, 2011, 02:52 PM
Congratulations on the new draft cross! He's beautiful and sounds perfect for you.
Can't wait for updates.

I've loved the pictures of all the horses I've seen on this thread - just great!

paulaedwina
Jul. 11, 2011, 08:30 PM
Well, he's passed his PPE with flying colors. I officially am owned by a horsie. I don't know what the heck happened, but up til last year I knew that horses and swimming pools were way more fun when they belonged to other people :lol: Dunno what happened but now I'm owned.

Name change. I got permission from my dad to name the horsie after him. My dad, when he was a baby, was considered quite beautiful so people called him Fella bon garçon. He says I can name the horse this way as long as he was handsome, strong, brave, and athletic :lol: So Fella Bon Garçon it is. Fella for short of course.

It'll train easy: "Whoa there, Fella", "Who's a handsome Fella?", "Come on Fella", "Whatcha doin', Fella?" :lol::lol:

Ah, now the shopping begins.

Paula

carolprudm
Jul. 11, 2011, 08:49 PM
LOL, I hope you enjoy him as much as I am enjoying Sophie.

And I loff my swimming pool, currently unusable due to a broken pump:(

quietann
Jul. 11, 2011, 09:36 PM
Paula, have fun with him! He's cute, and seems well-suited to your needs.

I am small and short, so... not my type of horse. But I got a certain amount of grief for wanting a Morgan, instead of a WB. Something sturdy, but more my size.

Fourbeats
Jul. 11, 2011, 10:17 PM
Yipee! Bienvenue Fella!

I'm sure you two will have a lot of fun. Can't wait for pictures.

paulaedwina
Jul. 11, 2011, 10:31 PM
I can't wait to get him home and show him off. He'll have his training challenges -as would any horse- of course. He's a standardbred cross so we'll have to discuss cantering :lol: To his STB mind cantering is so inefficient when you can get there faster with a really good trot! He does canter, mind, and he is not a pacer, so this should just be a training process. Also, he carries himself with alot of flair, but it's without actually using himself further down than his neck, so we'll work on that too. But this is what makes horsing around so cool as far as I'm concerned.

He has a rock steady personality and some tea sippin' gaits that would bring tears to your eyes. I can't wait to get him out on trails. Remember I am also interested in working equitation and competitive trail riding. Heck he's probably open for some endurance (25s - I don't really have the attention span for more).

And I'm blessed to have so many people in my corner with regards to training. Not to mention just for support!

BTW the darned horse has accomplished what nobody else has; I'm going to have to get a facebook account now :lol:.

And Quietann - get thee thy morgan!
Paula

quietann
Jul. 11, 2011, 11:58 PM
And Quietann - get thee thy morgan!
Paula

Oh, I have her! She's a very special little horse. She did not prove to have the vaunted Morgan soundness, but she is getting back, slowly, to full work. There are some very, very nice dressage Morgans out there.

MelanieC
Jul. 12, 2011, 12:48 AM
Congratulations! I bought my first horse last fall, and he is an Arab I intend to train in dressage, so I am all about getting the horse that you want. Have fun buying tack!

cada931
Jul. 12, 2011, 07:46 AM
Congratulations! And I love his name.

gallopinggram
Jul. 12, 2011, 09:10 AM
Congratulations Paula!

I totally understand your affinity for big butts. I have a Belgian/TB cross mare who is the love of my life, and a bumper sticker that reads "Ride a draft, it makes your butt look small."

I am also in PA and saw Big Ed's (Fella's) ad from Adams horse sales (don't need another horse right now!). I was wondering how they are to deal with - they put quite a few ads on our local craigslist that have caught my eye.

paulaedwina
Jul. 12, 2011, 10:59 AM
When I saw that the seller (originally on dreamhorse) sold her horse to John Adams I called him right away.

Remember there was a thread a while ago about tire kickers and how they drive sellers crazy? We were talking about cultivating a relationship with potential buyers because you never know what would come of it down the road.

Well I'd spoken to John early in my horse looking/buying and he took a lot of time to talk to me about horses, what to look for, what he had, what might suit, etc. He even looked at some video of some horses I was considering and gave me his opinion. He was an all around brilliant guy that way.

So when I heard he had that horse I dropped everything, called and then drove out to ride Ed at his place. He remembered me from last winter too. His place is not fancy, but he has a way with horses that I just admire. He gets horses from different places; consignment, auction, etc., and retrains them. Big Ed's mind is typical of the horses he puts out there.

His physical was excellent. He had no issues of soundness. He was actually the age advertised too -I looked for Galvayne's Groove.

Gotta dash - I'm teaching a bio lab in 1 minute.

More later.
Paula

carolprudm
Jul. 12, 2011, 12:04 PM
BTW the darned horse has accomplished what nobody else has; I'm going to have to get a facebook account now :lol:.

When you do join us here
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Riding-Light-with-Jane-Savoie/120510978033839