PDA

View Full Version : Why was walk pirouette removed from latest FEI Intermediare 1?

Dutch Lovin' Dressage Rider
Jul. 7, 2011, 07:46 AM
Always wondered. Its now gone from the 2009 version. Used to be walk p between G and H and G and M. What happened?

angel
Jul. 7, 2011, 08:46 AM
Judging from what has been removed from the lower level tests through the years, my best quess is that no body could do the movement correctly.

There has even been talk through the years that the collected walk is "unnatural," so should be thrown out. Again, many riders are not collecting the walk correctly, so maybe that will be the next thing to go.:cry:

Even the turn-on-the-forehand, which is important in lower level training has been falling on hard times. Makes me wonder just where it will all end.:eek:

canyonoak
Jul. 7, 2011, 10:45 AM
Walk pirouettes now in current PSG test.
Test writers felt it was redundant to ask for pirs again in Int One.

flyracing
Jul. 8, 2011, 09:33 AM
Walk pirouettes now in current PSG test.
Test writers felt it was redundant to ask for pirs again in Int One.

This and to shorten the test :)

The idea that they took it out because horses perform the move poorly is nonsense.

joiedevie99
Jul. 8, 2011, 09:41 AM
The tests are only supposed to last 6 minutes. You can't ask for everything in every test. I'd bet they felt it was adequate to test it in the PSG.

Dutch Lovin' Dressage Rider
Jul. 8, 2011, 09:52 AM
Thanks for your opinions. Newer test definitely flows better than old one and I think is also way easier too. Si down centerline to 8m volte then short hp to wall is so much easier than old looonnnng hp across arena. But if goal is GP then need to be able to do that. Is long hp in I2?

Trying to remember if walk p was in old PSG? I think so. Silly to remove from I1 just because in PSG. Walk p in old 3rd or 4th on the wall was super easy. Recently did 4th3. No walk p in there. Dont have test book to see if its in any of tests.

I will admit that in old I1 walk p on MGH line was always a challenge for me and some others I observed. Seemed like not matter how correct first part of walk p was coming out of walk p on same line you started was challenging. So first part could be perfect but ending poor. Scored as one movement so there goes your score! Obviously operator error (me). I just needed to be better at it I guess! :-)

CFFarm
Jul. 8, 2011, 09:58 AM
The tests are not there for the sake of just doing a movement. There is supposed to be a progression in the training and development and maybe the test writers decided this movement is better placed at PSG. Plus the time constraints......JMHO

gailbyrd
Jul. 8, 2011, 10:27 AM
Trying to remember if walk p was in old PSG? I think so.

It was