PDA

View Full Version : ABC Hoof Care in oregon

gtiorobertsf
Jul. 6, 2011, 09:38 AM
Im looking for some feed back if anyone has attended the school in oregon.
They have a class in January of next year and am thinking of pursuing this as a side business.
Thanks in advance.

Luckydonkey
Jul. 6, 2011, 10:40 AM
HOnestly if your going to pursue farrier work as a profession, just go to actual farrier school- not natural hoof trimmer school.

Frizzle
Jul. 6, 2011, 02:00 PM
My trimmer attended the Oregon School of Natural Hoofcare and she does by far the best, most balanced trim I've ever seen. She's taken my horse's hooves from flared, chipped, cracked messes to gorgeous in a few months. I also have a friend in Michigan whose horse foundered pretty badly. Long story, but the girl called Cheryl Henderson of OSNH and she recommended a trimmer who just happens to be Dr. Bowker's rehab trimmer (believe she's an OSNH grad, or maybe Martha Olivio). That's pretty impressive, as Bowker is a big name in hoof research. So now friend's horse is being treated by Bowker and the rehab trimmer.

LD, with all due respect, the OP seems interested in trimming and ABC is an excellent school. People always accuse barefoot people of being anti-shoe, but there's just as much anti-barefoot from the other side.

Luckydonkey
Jul. 7, 2011, 10:05 AM
NO disrespect intended.I purely am looking at it from a business perspective. Unless I was wanting to just trim my own horses- it would make sense in this economy to be able to have access to as much clientelle as possible. It is plenty hard to get into the world of shoeing and trimming and establish a good enough client base to make a living on with out limiting your customers to those who are in a very specific niche market. Wasn't intended on offending anyone...