PDA

View Full Version : One of those days...

Tasker
Jul. 5, 2011, 01:52 PM
You know when you wake up and have that 'Ugh, it's going to be one of THOSE days' feeling? Well, my horses must have heard me grumbling about the dust, humidity and heat because all 4 of the morning horses really stepped up to the plate and reminded me of why I really do love dressage. :) It's not really anything out of the ordinary but they all seemed to just give a little extra to brighten my day. :)

And to be honest - they made a sultry SE PA morning with no clouds in the sky seem rather pleasant! The 10 year old stallion did lovely 4's & 3's and lateral work (trot & canter), the 5 year old stallion did some super counter canter - collected canter - simple changes & lateral work in the trot, the 7 year old Weltmeyer did whatever I asked of him without a hint of protest and a smile and the 4 year old worked on his lateral work, counter canter and shoulder fore in the canter...now to just do it all again tomorrow! :D

CFFarm
Jul. 6, 2011, 11:00 AM
In regard to your last sentence. Two days in a row?... Are you insane?

Tasker
Jul. 6, 2011, 12:09 PM
:lol: CFF - well, 2 days in a row has actually turned into 3 in a row! :) Love the horses although the weather has been a tad on the sultry side of late...

But today was extra special as the Stubben rep was here and a bunch of the horses got fitted, my new saddle is ordered...I will freely confess that it doesn't get much better than this! :D