PDA

View Full Version : Missoula MT dressage?

wehrlegirl
Jul. 4, 2011, 07:36 PM
Anyone know what the scene is like? Trainers.. barns.. shows etc?

Snoball 1
Jul. 4, 2011, 08:44 PM
Debra Butterfield had/ has a farm in Bozeman- if she's still in the area she may be able to recommend some one near Missoula ?

There used to also be a big dressage/combined training farm in Jackson Hole, Wyo that held lots of big rated/recognized shows, so there must be trainers in the region :)

Oakstable
Dec. 4, 2012, 09:03 PM
Any updated info on this area?

Paddles10
Dec. 5, 2012, 09:10 AM
Check out Treasure State in Lolo Mt. Also Chapeski Dressage again Lolo.
Check with Meggan Holloway in Bozeman for other ideas: http://hollowaysprettygoodhorsebarn.com/meggan.htm

Irish'Stang
Dec. 7, 2012, 08:06 AM
Hi there...coming to you direct from Missoula :)

There are a handful of barns/trainers in this area that specialize in dressage...I'm happy to give personal experiences if you prefer but I won't do that on a public forum.

Bob and Olivia Chapeski @ Chapeski Dressage (father/daughter team) www.chapeskidressage.com

Stephanie Kappes @ Treasure State Equestrian Center http://www.horse4sport.com/tsec.htm

Jeannie Gaudreau @ JMG Stables...Jeannie doesn't have a web page but if you want her info just google JMG Stables, Clinton, MT

Let me know if I can help you w/other details (farrier...vet...friendly face in the area)

ETA: While the showing scene isn't immense, there are 2 or 3 USDF shows every year in Missoula with several more in the surrounding areas. None of my showing-inclined friends seem to have trouble finding places to spend their entry fee fund ;)

Depending on what you're looking for re: barns, there are lots of options, many close to town. Not all of them have an on site dressage trainer, however. I guess it depends on how much you like to drive.

springer
Dec. 8, 2012, 08:48 PM
Another one from Missoula here...
I use the Chapeskis; specifically Olivia. She is a very talented rider and trainer. she has started two horses for me- (she actually ended up purchasing one of them from me). She gives an awesome lesson. I am originally from South Florida and I can't say I ever had a better lesson in all my years down there. The barn is a very well run facility as well.