View Full Version : Black Country Eden for long-legged riders?

Jul. 4, 2011, 12:52 PM
So I'm narrowing down the field of potential saddles and am going to try a Link II, but I'm also looking at the Black Country Eden. Both of them should fit my mare's shape well, but I'm curious if any long-legged riders have experience with the Eden. Is there room for a long femur in that saddle?

I know the answer is to try both, but the fitter who could bring me an Eden to try doesn't come back to our area for several weeks, while the Schleese rep is coming in a week. I'm wondering if I should wait to ride in the Eden before making a decision on the Link II.

Thanks to anybody who might have some experience to share!

Snoball 1
Jul. 4, 2011, 08:50 PM
Don't know if this is useful, but I love Black Country saddles.
I like the position the Eden puts me in better than any saddle I've ever ridden in(and that's a lot !). Unfortunately for me, my horse has a wide flat back, so I had to go with the Eloquence to fit him best, but if I had the choice I'd have chosen the Eden.

Jul. 4, 2011, 09:04 PM
I had an eden for several years -- I'm 5 10 and my inseam is 36" -- and I did really like it. I found that the size recommended for me (18") was just too big though, and I sold it for a 17.5" version. The Eden is designed for a typical high withered TB, if your mare has a flat back the Eloquence might work better. I'm a big fan of the Black Country saddles.

Jul. 5, 2011, 12:44 PM
I have a BC Eden and am 6' tall. I find it fits my leg quite well! If you're able, definitely try it before you jump on the Link.

Easy Choice
Jul. 5, 2011, 10:05 PM
Waiting for my new (used) Eden to arrive. I've been looking and investigating saddles for long legged riders that have typical TB type horses. I'm sold on the Eden and can't wait to get it here!!!