PDA

View Full Version : ACTHA DOES NOT BAN TREELESS SADDLES

tomscrima
Jul. 2, 2011, 11:44 AM
ACTHA has not banned treeless saddles vs gossip to the contrary...we do not feel it is our role to police what tack is used on your horse as long as it complies with safe trail riding standards...ie no standing martingales on trail etc...for obvious reasons.
For a complete set of actha rules and guidelines (its a pretty short list) see www.actha.us and also ride this week for a $500 shopping spree!:cool::yes:

PRS
Jul. 3, 2011, 05:18 PM
From the other thread:

Not really...our decision, even though the FEI bans them, we don't believe we should be a policing authority. We are about fun and horses. Therefore whatever our members feel, within reason, they want to ride in is fine with us.
Tom
Actha GM

You made a fairly plain statement that FEI bans treeless saddles but you never did provide the link to the FEI rule where it says they ban treeless saddles.....just sayin.

Ghazzu
Jul. 3, 2011, 05:21 PM
They didn't provide a link because the FEI has no such ban.

PRS
Jul. 3, 2011, 07:21 PM
One would think that the General Manager of such a large organization would make sure of his facts before posting them on a public BB in defense of their initial desire to ban certain types of saddles. I'm glad they decided to rescind the rule but still....I think that with such folks at the helm of this organization I'll just steer clear.

katyb
Jul. 4, 2011, 10:45 AM
This is typical of ACTHA. I think it is a great idea, poorly executed. I hope they get better over time. The whole HSUS thing was handled similarly, as was the no riding without a bit/leverage issue.

PRS
Jul. 4, 2011, 11:53 AM
I just sounds like someone goes off on a tangent, gets everybody else excited and then "Bam!" "Lets make a RULE about it!" I've been involved in organizations like that and left. They need someone with calm thinking skills to help them make decisions and consider ALL angles before announcing a rule change. I still believe that money had something to do with it since Tucker is one of their sponsors, as is Cavallo. Money sure had something to do with the rule getting rescinded since it caused a near revolt by the folks competing in treeless saddles. I bet they underestimated the numbers of folks competing successfully in them.