PDA

View Full Version : Trainer Signature on Entry Form?

Paddys Mom
Jul. 1, 2011, 11:56 AM
I am signing up for my first recognized show.
{YEAH! EEK!}

It has a place for my trainer's USEF#/USDF# and signature.
Do I need to fill that in?
She doesn't ride my horse, and probably won't even be at the show to walk me through a warm up.

tarragon
Jul. 1, 2011, 12:53 PM
The trainer (for entry form purposes) would be the person responsible for the horse's care while it is on show grounds, so if you will be caring for your own horse you would sign all three spaces as owner, trainer and rider.

Sandy M
Jul. 1, 2011, 12:53 PM
You only need to sign it if she's there at the show and has some "responsibility" for the horse. I just sign as the trainer on all my entry blanks. If my instructor shows up (she can't always make it), she signs on in the "coach" space.

Janet
Jul. 1, 2011, 01:49 PM
From the USEF perspective, the "Trainer" is the person presumed to be responsible if a drug test comes back positive. The person who makes the decisions about feed, supplements, and medications is the one who should sign as "Trainer".

EVERY entry MUST HAVE a signature for "Trainer". If you are the one who makes those decisions, you should sign there (or your parent if you are a minor)

Who you take lessons from off the show grounds is really not relevant. If someone is paid to teach/coach you at the show, they should sign the "Coach" line. But it is fine to have a blank "Coach" line.