PDA

View Full Version : It's time to Giddy Yap.. I have questions!

Ozone
Jun. 29, 2011, 10:06 AM
Coming over from the HJ area of the boards and think I will find myself here more often with many questions of course ;)

I am out of denial and realize that my horse needs retirement from the show ring and it is time to Giddy Yap aka enjoy him in other ways... trails, h-paces etc. THIS is what we want to do now!

Been pacing, trails etc. with him but I am having a hard time actually finding some events to participate in.

Any HP's, shorter to start competitive or non competitve trail riding in the Capital District of New York? I appreciate any and all leads to where I can go and have some fun!
Thanks!

chicamux
Jun. 30, 2011, 08:44 AM
There is an ECTRA sanctioned CTR in the Stamford, NY area on 8/6-7. They have a clinic distance of 15 miles on the first day.

You will find that endurance and CTR rides are few and far between in comparison to horse shows. A lot of travel and overnight camping is involved. I suggest you go to http://ectra.org/ to learn more about that organization. Very nice people, very laid back competitions, lots of socializing.

Bonnie S.

Ozone
Jun. 30, 2011, 10:10 AM
Thanks so much Bonnie! Just the type of atmosphere I am looking for!