PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Trainers

Feeltheride
Jun. 28, 2011, 09:07 PM
;)I want to start out and say Thank you to all the Trainers who put their Thoroughbreds online at a reasonable price for others to take a chance in giving them a new career.

I heard about 30,000. thoroughbreds are born a year hoping for that next Triple crown winner is just amazing. How many of those end up at the slaughter house? Then there are the lucky ones that get a new chance.

I have 4 OTTB that are amazing. 2 are the best school horses I ever had. The other 2 are winners in the Jumper ring.

It takes patience, patience and understanding of the Breed. These horses invented the word..."True Work Horse"

I also have 3 Warmbloods. Nothing beats a OTTB.

Thank you

Acertainsmile
Jun. 28, 2011, 09:43 PM
What a nice refreshing post! And a big Thank You for giving these horses a wonderful home! :)

Slewdledo
Jun. 28, 2011, 10:08 PM
Absolutely, ditto that! Where do you look online for OTTBs? We just got a slew of ours placed, but now starting on round 2 of horses who didn't make it at the track. (Sigh.)

Feeltheride
Jun. 28, 2011, 10:36 PM
I look on CANTER USA. I bought my last 2 directly from the Trainers, sight unseen. Just went by pictures and talking with the trainers on the phone.
I know some people are little uneasy about this way but so far I have had no problems and the trainers have been honest with me. They just want to see their horse get a good home.

Brooke
Jul. 6, 2011, 05:01 PM
I want to add my thanks to the trainers who are willing to find homes for their horses that just don't make it on the track. I have three OTTB mares who are the sweetest, most giving horses you could ever find. Just got a 17 h 3 year old two weeks ago and rode her for the first time yesterday. Dogs barking, horses galloping in the fields, and a passel of people sitting under a tree by the rail didn't bother her at all. I hate the 'for sale' ads that say "not a typical thoroughbred' as if that were a good thing. Give me a 'typical thoroughbred' over a 'dumb blood' any day.

foundationmare
Jul. 6, 2011, 07:23 PM
http://fingerlakesfinesttbs.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=thoroughbreds

I couldn't agree with you more. I could be really obnoxious, in fact!

OTTBs are so resilient, adaptable and diverse in their talents. They can do it all and I have a good feeling that the tide is turning away from ridiculously priced WBs to the good ole', versatile OTTB who has been there, done that and can be had for a song.

I'm stumping for horses from my local track (Finger Lakes), but OTTBs from anywhere are diamonds in the rough.

keepthelegend
Jul. 6, 2011, 07:59 PM
www.leightonfarm.com has some nice horses both on and off the track

mht
Jul. 6, 2011, 08:14 PM
Here in Ontario we have Second Start Thoroughbreds. http://www.secondstartthoroughbreds.org/

They always have some really nice horses!