PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard of Centaur Farms in GA?

GraceLikeRain
Jun. 28, 2011, 05:16 PM
Looking for anyone with first/second/third-hand experience with the farm, trainer, etc.

COTH is such an incredible resource and I am hoping that once again I can pull from the collective knowledge of my fellow dressage riders. This barn has a working student program which looks really interesting but I personally have no affiliation with the barn and was hoping that someone might weigh in.

I would love to hear from anyone who has directly worked with them or even just bumped into them at a show. As always if you feel more comfortable relaying your personal experience off the forum please feel free to PM me.

Thanks,
GLR

2tempe
Jun. 28, 2011, 07:50 PM
I do not know these people, but given that you're interested in the working student position, why not just contact them, talk to them, meet them and their other working students and see how you feel? You don't have to say yes if you don't get good vibes...

kinnip
Jun. 28, 2011, 07:59 PM
I haven't met her, but Gina has a pretty good rep., and her horses are definitely to be envied.

GraceLikeRain
Jun. 28, 2011, 09:29 PM
I do not know these people, but given that you're interested in the working student position, why not just contact them, talk to them, meet them and their other working students and see how you feel? You don't have to say yes if you don't get good vibes...

I completely agree and I plan on doing this if things work out the way I hope they will. Right now my life is in limbo while I apply to grad school. Depending on the program and school I go to, it may not be feasible for me to take a few months off.
For this reason I would hate to take up a chunk of a busy trainers time to talk about their working student program that I may not have time for. I don't want to be a tire-kicker so I feel it is best to hold off directly contacting the facility for now. Right now I am in the collecting information, planning, and daydreaming ;) stage. If life doesn't get in the way I would LOVE to be a working student, but for now I will just have to wait and see.

NirvanaII
Jun. 28, 2011, 09:53 PM
I went to meet her and see her stock when a friend was looking at broodmares. I was impressed by the quality of her horses, and enjoyed meeting her.

I did feel that the barn/farm itself was a bit small-however!-all the horses looked very healthy and well groomed, her stallions were mannerly, and she appeared to be a good person to work for (totally going off one meeting here, so take that with a grain of salt).

Take that for what its worth!