PDA

View Full Version : Two Punch dead at age 28

Chicken Legs
Jun. 27, 2011, 04:27 PM
Leading MD sire, Two Punch, has died. The report is at Paulick Report.

We were lucky enough to have had the great sprinter Punch Line in our barn for four years. It was an honor to have been around him. Two Punch sired tough, fast horses who hardly ever let their owners down in this tough business.

Calamber
Jun. 27, 2011, 05:43 PM
That is so heartbreaking to hear, I met the grand old fellow several times at the breeding farm in Maryland and have always loved every Two Punch foal and adult that I have ever met. A loss of a great horse. Fly free with the other champions good boy!

You were truly blessed to have had him in your daily company for 4 years. I would love to hear any stories of him.

Now I feel like a part of me is gone, and I feel so silly to be like this over a horse that I did not even know that well.

CVPeg
Jun. 28, 2011, 07:49 AM
So sad to hear. He left behind quite a legacy.

Chicken Legs
Jun. 28, 2011, 10:49 AM
That is so heartbreaking to hear, I met the grand old fellow several times at the breeding farm in Maryland and have always loved every Two Punch foal and adult that I have ever met. A loss of a great horse. Fly free with the other champions good boy!

You were truly blessed to have had him in your daily company for 4 years. I would love to hear any stories of him.

Now I feel like a part of me is gone, and I feel so silly to be like this over a horse that I did not even know that well.

Calamber, we had Punch Line, one of Two Punch's best offspring. We trained lots of other Two Punches and they were all high energy, tough horses but Punch Line was in a class by himself.

Acertainsmile
Jun. 28, 2011, 11:38 AM
I loved the Two Punch babies too, he passed down so many good traits. I saw him at Northview a few years ago when taking some mares up to be bred and he looked fantastic. What a great life he had!

Chicken Legs
Jun. 28, 2011, 04:30 PM
As usual Barbara Livingston posts a great farewell to Two Punch at DRF.

http://www.drf.com/blogs/fond-farewell-two-punch

Acertainsmile
Jun. 28, 2011, 08:38 PM
As usual Barbara Livingston posts a great farewell to Two Punch at DRF.

http://www.drf.com/blogs/fond-farewell-two-punch

Thanks for posting this!

Texarkana
Jun. 28, 2011, 10:52 PM
Great article, Chicken Legs! Thanks for sharing.

I always have had mixed feelings about Two Punch. He definitely passed on some quirks, but overall sired good, utilitarian horses. He will definitely be missed.

tradewind
Jun. 29, 2011, 07:20 AM
Lovely article, thanks for sharing it.