PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Pony goes to her first dressage show!

Perfect Pony
Jun. 27, 2011, 10:35 AM
That is, both the person and the pony! I have been trying not to talk about the fact that I have been planning my very first dressage show ever for fear of totally jinxing myself, but this past weekend both the perfect pony and her fearful rider finally reached the goal of showing after 4 horses and years and years of trying. At 40 years old and nearly 4 years old, it was a wonderful first for both of us.

I cannot express fully just how proud I am of my pony, who acted as though she had been to 100 shows already. She is such a princess, I am pretty sure she assumed the entire affair was staged in her honor. After having horses over the years that turn into freaks at horse shows, it is really a treat to have a pony that is calm, cool, collected and just gets down to business.

We entered Introductory B as a first test, and Training Level Test 2 to actually test us. Despite my show nerves and a few bobbles we ended up with a 75% in Intro and a 65% in Training Level. It was only a schooling show, but the judging was great and the comments helpful and right on.

Anyway, I just had to brag after so many years of heartache and whining, all done here over the years on COTH (which is the website that got me back into horses all those years ago).

And per the COTH requirements, here are a few pictures and some video. Thanks everyone!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N9MEgSoTQ8

http://pets.webshots.com/album/580388755HclYhC

JennieRose
Jun. 27, 2011, 10:57 AM
What a super cute pony! What a great video. Major congrats!

WBLover
Jun. 27, 2011, 11:19 AM
Well, I don't doubt it, she's a Connemara!! Seriously, my friend breeds Connemara's and crosses and they all act like they've BTDT everywhere they go.

Congrats, what awesome scores, and esp. for being first time out!! You look great on her and she's a doll!

monstrpony
Jun. 27, 2011, 11:35 AM
Lovely pony!! What a great pair! At long last ;)

Chaila
Jun. 27, 2011, 11:36 AM
She's coming 4 this summer, right? What a fantastic girl. Altho I'm biased as I also have a Connemara. So far he's pretty mellow like that too!

BaroquePony
Jun. 27, 2011, 11:56 AM
Very nice pony. The two of you look well matched which is so nice to see :yes:.

TickleFight
Jun. 27, 2011, 12:12 PM
Nice riding, nice pony, nice work. What are your goals from here on out?

My mom has a Connemara, and I agree they are pretty cool customers and very utilitarian to boot.

Perfect Pony
Jun. 27, 2011, 12:26 PM
Thanks guys, I am pretty smitten with her right now. She will be 4 years old this week (June 29th). She is moving close to home and out to pasture in July for the summer/fall. We are going to concentrate on more trail riding and less arena work for the next few months, and start to do a little jumping. The barn she is moving to has a large jumping arena and direct access to miles and miles of trails. We plan to go back to dressage work later this year and try to qualify for the Regional AA and maybe CDS championships at training level for 2012.

Bugs-n-Frodo
Jun. 27, 2011, 12:26 PM
LOVE YOUR PONY!!! Congrats to you!

Peggy
Jun. 27, 2011, 12:38 PM
Yeah! Lovely pony. You deserve this!

I was sold on Connemara ponies the year a friend's client bought one right before one of those epic week-long rain storms. At the end of the week, or maybe longer, they pulled him out of the paddock, decorated him for Christmas, including a ball or two tied to his tail, and went Christmas caroling with a group of horses. He was a saint.

SillyHorse
Jun. 27, 2011, 12:43 PM
Congratulations! You both look great.

CoppersRider
Jun. 27, 2011, 01:10 PM
Congrats to you both. Your pony is gorgeous and you make a beautiful pair. Way to go!!!

mickeydoodle
Jun. 27, 2011, 02:13 PM
What a fabulous job for your first show. Excellent pair.

Sandy M
Jun. 27, 2011, 03:26 PM
Thanks guys, I am pretty smitten with her right now. She will be 4 years old this week (June 29th). She is moving close to home and out to pasture in July for the summer/fall. We are going to concentrate on more trail riding and less arena work for the next few months, and start to do a little jumping. The barn she is moving to has a large jumping arena and direct access to miles and miles of trails. We plan to go back to dressage work later this year and try to qualify for the Regional AA and maybe CDS championships at training level for 2012.

Well done! Where is that? I don't recognize the arena.

Sandy M and "Mark"

Perfect Pony
Jun. 27, 2011, 03:40 PM
Well done! Where is that? I don't recognize the arena.

Sandy M and "Mark"

Thanks Sandy. It is at Woodbridge in Petaluma. A wonderful facility and well run show, perfect place to take a youngster for experience. It's quite a haul for you though.

Kitty
Jun. 27, 2011, 03:53 PM
Adorable!!! What a cute pair you make! Many congratulations!!

Sandy M
Jun. 27, 2011, 04:26 PM
Thanks Sandy. It is at Woodbridge in Petaluma. A wonderful facility and well run show, perfect place to take a youngster for experience. It's quite a haul for you though.

Is that part of or what used to be Riverside? If so, I showed there once with Erik, but the memory isn't what it used to be.

While I try to keep it local, I'll go fairly far if I need to. I took Mark to Santa Rosa on the 18th and he got a 70% (TL, T.2) and 64.4% (TL, T3). He wasn't quite as focused and lost energy on the 2nd test.

Will you do RAAC? You're certainly qualified and entries don't close until, I think, 7.3.11.

Perfect Pony
Jun. 27, 2011, 04:28 PM
Sandy, Woodbridge is a bit farther than Riverside. here is the website
http://www.woodbridgefarmdressage.com/calendar.php

It's a lovely place, very quiet and nice for the horses, the ring open and airy and inviting. I have taken a young horse to Jane Weatherwax clinics there too, it's just got a good vibe.

They have schooling shows monthly, and are having a 3* show in September.

MelanieC
Jun. 27, 2011, 05:01 PM
You look great together! (And BTW, you are not old.) Congratulations!