PDA

View Full Version : Chatt Hills July Shows Question

tlw
Jun. 25, 2011, 06:46 PM
Does anybody know whether dressage and/or show jumping will be conducted in the new rings near the stalls? The last time I showed there both dressage and show jumping were on grass. Thanks.

3dazey
Jun. 25, 2011, 08:22 PM
Now that all the perm stabling and arenas have been installed, dressage & show jumping take place on the prepared footing, dressage usually in lower arena and sj in upper.

tlw
Jun. 25, 2011, 09:36 PM
Thanks.

maxxtrot
Jun. 26, 2011, 09:11 PM
am i crazy or are they charging 200.00 for stalls at the july 2 day show?200.00 for 2 days, that's crazy.

pcwertb
Jun. 26, 2011, 09:38 PM
I looked up their fees and decided not to go to their shows way too pricey.

KateWooten
Jun. 26, 2011, 11:05 PM
Ha - you should have tried paying $200 for the two nights and getting the absolute smallest tent stall ever, with a 5ft barn 'Aisle' ... and someone else already decided their stall was too small so they'd fill yours with their barking dogs, dog poo, saddles, hay, shavings ... which you have to unload with one hand in the aforementioned 5ft barn aisle, ... all the while knowing you are paying the same as the people who were allotted the 25ft square mahogany lined McStables with a view. Who entered after you. Now that would make you not want to return there !

RunForIt
Jun. 27, 2011, 05:09 PM
Yes, $200 is stiff for two days of stabling, BUT, if someone enters both July events (back to back weekends), the fee for stabling for the two weekends is reduced to $300 AND includes the week in between events! Now THAT is a bargain! :cool:

maxxtrot
Jun. 27, 2011, 08:01 PM
yea, but lynda, i work a full time job, cant stay there all week, and cant leave horse there without me all week. i personally think it is very pricey for a regular event. i would understand if it was a 3 day when you were there from thurs. to sun. but most of us would be pulling in late friday and leaving right after we ride on sunday. not even 2 full days! and i have been here, wonderful farm, would love to go.

RunForIt
Jun. 27, 2011, 08:20 PM
yea, but lynda, i work a full time job, cant stay there all week, and cant leave horse there without me all week. i personally think it is very pricey for a regular event. i would understand if it was a 3 day when you were there from thurs. to sun. but most of us would be pulling in late friday and leaving right after we ride on sunday. not even 2 full days! and i have been here, wonderful farm, would love to go.

ME either! Just trying to put things in this thread a little more positive knowing how hard all the Chatt HIlls crew works - I count every penny of the horse budget and with the current economy, there is little to no tutoring which is how I've always avoided using household funds for the horses (and marriage problems)! :lol: Hope to see you soon! :D :cool:

maxxtrot
Jun. 27, 2011, 10:09 PM
oh i'm not saying anything neg. towards chatt hills. love the place and the people. i know what it takes to run a show. just wanted to see if i was the only one that thought 200.00 for 2 days of stabling was a bit pricey.

pcwertb
Jun. 28, 2011, 08:16 AM
Considering we pay 50/day at most events, Chat Hills is way above the price of other venues.

maxxtrot
Jun. 28, 2011, 08:49 PM
yep, 4 horses now not going cause of too high stall fee's. between that and the entry fee that's over 400.00 a horse before i leave the state of fla.

AUeventer
Jun. 29, 2011, 08:44 PM
I'm shipping in...live about 45 min away, its gonna be a pain big time but I'm taking 2 and 800 is just ridiculous. maybe if more people decide to follow suit i.e. ship in or not attend they will come down a bit. the stabling is excellent no question (although i saw no restrooms so that is an issue!!) but i'd have maybe less fancy stall doors and 125 for the weekend :)

anyway, i saw where they said the earlier july event is almost full. that does encourage me on the state of our economy at least!

maxxtrot
Jun. 29, 2011, 09:26 PM
i was told over the phone that yes it was 200.00 and that maybe they had over done the place, pretty much a oh well for me. i'll just stay in fla. :)