PDA

View Full Version : Correction and lift pads

enjoytheride
Jun. 25, 2011, 11:03 AM
I need about 1/2 inch of lift on my dressage saddle until I can get it fitted. I'd like something not very visable, easy to clean, and nice enough to show in.

Any suggestions?

Lost_at_C
Jun. 25, 2011, 01:43 PM
I've always like the Cashel cantle pad, but I believe it's slightly more than 1/2" in lift.

friesian4me
Jun. 25, 2011, 03:15 PM
Buy a Mattes Correction pad and put shims in the back.

enjoytheride
Jun. 25, 2011, 03:18 PM
The only problem I have with the mattess pads is that my arena can be dusty and I don't want to ruin a pad that expensive.

CatPS
Jun. 25, 2011, 06:16 PM
The Mattes pads wash like a dream... just be sure to use the Melp detergent. Toss it in the dryer on no heat and let it fluff for an hour or so. Mine always came out looking practically brand new (with the exception of the scuffs left by the panels on the cotton part, but no one even sees that anyway).

Hampton Bay
Jun. 26, 2011, 12:19 PM
Lift in the front or back? I have a Pro-Lite pad that I adore to the exclusion of all others.

myvanya
Jun. 27, 2011, 10:34 AM
I was recently in a similar situation (except a bit more extreme and my padding was to tide me over until the saddle can be replaced.) I always use a mattes and tried the shim pad (thankfully was able to borrow one) and had no luck (my horse seemed to want a bit more cushion. He is a little ridiculously sensitive). In a fit of desperation I bought a few pieces of thin foam from a place here that sells all kinds of foams (like for upholstery and whatever else people need foam in bulk for?). I got one closed cell and one open cell to experiment. I then cut the foam to shape I needed and stuck them between my saddle and the mattes. They worked great for quite a long time actually and were pretty much invisible unless you were right up next to my horse. If I trimmed the foam more carefully I probably could have hidden them better too. I was able to adjust the lift and padding however I needed and I spent a total of $20 on the foam and still have a ton left.

meupatdoes
Jun. 27, 2011, 10:44 AM
Lift in the front or back? I have a Pro-Lite pad that I adore to the exclusion of all others.

Seconded.

And it is available with a pocket for front lifts, a pocket for back lifts, and with two pockets for both.

dressagediosa
Jun. 27, 2011, 11:11 AM
And it is available with a pocket for front lifts, a pocket for back lifts, and with two pockets for both.

... from these guys: http://advancedsaddlefit.com/store/correction-pads/ :)