PDA

View Full Version : Cross Country Schooling At Radnor

lcw579
Jun. 25, 2011, 12:01 AM
From 4 to 7pm on Tuesday June 28th there will be open cross country schooling on the grounds of Radnor Hunt Pony Club.

Registration opens at 3:45pm. For more information visit the website: radnorhuntpc.org

Stop by and say "Hi" - I'll be in the secretary's stand!

lcw579
Jun. 26, 2011, 12:52 PM
Anybody coming to say hi?

Meredith Clark
Jun. 26, 2011, 09:53 PM
There's 5 of us going from my barn!

Juicy Pony and I will stop and say hi! :yes:

lcw579
Jun. 27, 2011, 09:01 PM
Great! :)

Ajierene
Jun. 28, 2011, 11:43 AM
Anyone know what the weather is like at Radnor? Big rain storms keep coming through my area and since I am made of sugar (hence will melt in the rain), I was wondering the weather there.

lcw579
Jun. 28, 2011, 12:44 PM
I live 15 minutes away and we have only had a few light showers. Just got word from someone on the grounds that they have experienced the same thing.

So, just enough rain to soften the footing a bit but not enough to bother any of the riders. Ajierene, if you arrive and there is too much dampness for you I will open the outgrown shop and get you some raingear to wear for the day. :)

Ajierene
Jun. 28, 2011, 01:24 PM
He he, thanks....

The light rain doesn't bother me, the periods of torrential downpours we were having had me wondering. I tell my trainer all the time - this is a hobby for me, I do it for fun, no sense in making myself to miserable while ridinge.

The skies are clearing up here also, which makes me feel better, though you know that means the humidity is going to skyrocket! That's fine, though - I can drink by inhaling, hence keeping plenty hydrated!

lcw579
Jun. 28, 2011, 01:59 PM
:) See you there!

Ajierene
Jun. 28, 2011, 10:06 PM
Great schooling and thanks for the water at the end! I was disappointed with the low attendance and we were wondering if people thought it was cancelled or the footing was not good because of the rain to the south. People from Radnor area and north should have still come!

Xctrygirl
Jun. 29, 2011, 09:48 AM
Fwiw,

I stable 15 mins from Radnor and would have come, but a work day where I get out at 6 pm, and then have to get through traffic to get to the barn, load horse and go and I would have been pulling in around 7. Right when it ended.

Not all eventers can just bail out of work, whatever kind it is, on a weekday.

I wish it had been on a weekend day. And then I would have had Lad out there for a solid hour +.

~Emily