PDA

View Full Version : riding boots

sonata
Jun. 24, 2011, 04:45 PM
My ariat terrains have finally bit the dust. Loved them, but don't want to spend a $100 + on a new pair. I spotted some boots at Valley Vet that look similiar and am wondering if anyone else has tried them and what they think

rainechyldes
Jun. 24, 2011, 05:42 PM
Cant really tell you - all I know is after years of buying 'endurance' riding boots and constantly replacing them for whatever reason, I bought myself a pair of leather english paddock boots, and half chaps - its been gravy going on 7 years now! :)

ChocoMare
Jun. 25, 2011, 07:21 AM
I still love my Terrains and will, when the time comes, spend the $$$ to get another pair. I know they fit.

Alas, I've tried paddocks in several tack stores. None work for my wide foot and high instep.

sonata
Jun. 25, 2011, 08:58 AM
I have paddock boots and can't picture me walking in them all day. Perhaps it is because I also have a high instep. They terrains I lived in. Guess I had better spring and get what I know is good for my feet. Thanks for the response.

KarenC
Jun. 25, 2011, 07:27 PM
I was struggling with black-and-blue toes after getting off and walking up and down some steep hills. I got a pair of the Dubline Venturer pull ons and I have been really happy with them:
http://www.smartpakequine.com/dublin-venturer-pull-on-boot-5451p.aspx?cm_vc=Search

I normally wear Ariats and these fit me well - however, I have a pair of the terrains and don't like how wide they are, even though I dropped down a size, so if you love the terrains and are not a normal ariat user, not sure how these will fit.

BigHorseLittleHorse
Jun. 26, 2011, 09:45 AM
My ariat terrains have finally bit the dust. Loved them, but don't want to spend a $100 + on a new pair. I spotted some boots at Valley Vet that look similiar and am wondering if anyone else has tried them and what they think

Are you talking about the ones by Roper? I heard good things about them, and I just ordered a pair. Not from Valley Vet, I ordered these (http://www.urbanwesternclothing.com/product/roper-brown-athletic-horseshoe-low-ladies-horsesho,,30379.html). I've been riding in Ariat Springbucks, but they don't make them anymore, and I don't like how bulky the Terrains are around the ankle. I'll post back when they arrive.

TJGoSurf
Jun. 26, 2011, 10:32 AM
I have a pair of steel toed boots I use. They have great ankle protection. And is really helpful when a certain clumsy horse, Walnut Cove, steps on your foot. Of course mine did also cost about $80, but they look really good and I imagine they have at least 8-9 years left in them.

sonata
Jun. 26, 2011, 02:17 PM
Thanks everybody. I just ordered boots from Shoe-mart. Ordered the same size as my last ones. Hope they fit. Shoes for me are like jeans. No 2 fit the same even the same kind

Snowdenfarm
Jun. 26, 2011, 07:42 PM
OP -- What ones did you order? And please check back in when you get them and let us know what you think.

TJ -- What kind of steel-toed boots do you have? Do you ride in them?

Can you tell that I am boot shopping? I got a pair of Ariat Broussard paddocks for winter and love them. Now I need summer ones.

jnel
Jun. 26, 2011, 10:38 PM
I used to ride in Ariat Ladies' Terrain Boot, Cordovan
now I ride in these, the link is for the soft toe but http://www.tractorsupply.com/workwear-clothing-footwear/footwear/ladies-footwear/ladies-6-8-inch-work-boots/timberland-pro-women-s-6-in-titan-reg-soft-toe-work-boot-734077899 I found them at Tractor Supply with the steel safety toe and they look identical. They are very comfortable to wear all day and to ride in. I put on my Ariat's to just wear out to the store and couldn't believe how uncomfortable they were after wearing the Timberline's.

Hampton Bay
Jun. 27, 2011, 09:07 PM
I second the Dublin Venturer. I can wear mine all day and my feet never get sore. They are cheap too!

jeano
Jun. 28, 2011, 10:34 AM
TSC has various Ariat shoes/boots for very reasonable prices, and they will often really knock the prices down when a style is discontinued. I often buy men's shoes to accomodate the bunion, the high arch, the big gnarly feet. I take roughly a nine and a half in womens sizes which means I can snap up a lot of men's 8s, 8 1/2s on sale. Right now I am riding in (unisex) Blundstones, TSC (women's) Ariats, and some in a nice men's roper style Schmidt boot from TSC. Unfortunately the ropers give me rubs in hot weather but they will be my go to boots in the winter.

JetsBuddy
Jun. 28, 2011, 11:12 AM
I have Dublin Rangers (paddock boots that zip in the front) and Dublin River boots (tall ones). I love them both and probably won't go back to Ariats.