PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Blue Hors Matine?

Tobias
Jun. 24, 2011, 03:30 PM
I saw a you tube video saying R.I.P Blue Hors...saying that she was put to sleep after breaking a leg????? is this true?

AlterBy
Jun. 24, 2011, 03:34 PM
yes. A few years ago...

Tobias
Jun. 24, 2011, 03:35 PM
I just did a search for it, I guess I'm a little behind, I found an article that said that she was put to sleep after a pasture accident after being retired. :no:

R.I.P. Blue Hors Matine

Kyzteke
Jun. 24, 2011, 03:50 PM
I just did a search for it, I guess I'm a little behind, I found an article that said that she was put to sleep after a pasture accident after being retired. :no:

R.I.P. Blue Hors Matine

I just saw this too...every time I see something like this it makes me wonder how horses even survive from day to day.

It also makes me feel alittle better (sorry to say) about my own loss -- almost two years ago I lost my own stallion to a broken femur due to some pasture mishap. He was only 9 yrs old as well.

I beat myself up for AGES over it, but now I'm pretty much accepted that it happens....

catosis
Jun. 24, 2011, 06:42 PM
If you are wondering what happened to her that ended her career, she was injured while unloading from a trailer at one of the big shows in Europe. I think she went lame-ish after that (at least lame enough so that she was no longer suitable for difficult work) but was breeding sound. I also think the plan was to breed her, but she was being a goof in the pasture one day and snapped her leg. She had to be put down.

Dressage_Diva333
Jun. 25, 2011, 01:05 AM
If you are wondering what happened to her that ended her career, she was injured while unloading from a trailer at one of the big shows in Europe. I think she went lame-ish after that (at least lame enough so that she was no longer suitable for difficult work) but was breeding sound. I also think the plan was to breed her, but she was being a goof in the pasture one day and snapped her leg. She had to be put down.

It was an offloading accident in Las Vegas that ended her career.

Polydor
Jun. 25, 2011, 01:09 AM
Wow. Had no idea about that either. Was wondering about her the other day. How long ago was this?

P.

catosis
Jun. 25, 2011, 03:57 PM
It was an offloading accident in Las Vegas that ended her career.

I knew it was something along those lines. I remember reading about it quite a while ago and couldn't exactly recall every detail of the incident.

CamsMom
Jun. 25, 2011, 04:04 PM
I believe she was also in foal when she had her pasture accident.

catosis
Jun. 25, 2011, 04:16 PM
I hope that at least they had the foresight to save some of her magical dressage mare eggs...

CZF
Jun. 26, 2011, 04:33 PM
Apparently she was in foal when she died. :( What a shame

eurodressage
Jun. 26, 2011, 05:26 PM
Here is the truth of what really happened. She was not in foal but they had planned on breeding her that spring.

http://www.eurodressage.com/equestrian/2010/01/25/blue-hors-matine-died-unexpectedly

CZF
Jun. 26, 2011, 11:30 PM
Here is the truth of what really happened. She was not in foal but they had planned on breeding her that spring.

http://www.eurodressage.com/equestrian/2010/01/25/blue-hors-matine-died-unexpectedly

This is what I read?

Matiné (Blue Hors Silver Moon/Matador), had been retired to stud at Blue Hors Stud, in Randbol, Denmark, and was in foal at the time of her death.

http://www.horsetalk.co.nz/news/2010/01/134.shtml

alicen
Jun. 27, 2011, 09:49 AM
Courtesy of WB Mom 8/16/09 - statement of Esben Moller -Blu Hors Stud director:

Per Google Translator:
- We have done everything conceivable, and there have been periods where we have believed that we could get the mare back into competition. The last time we treated her in the spring, we decided, that she is not now, then it quit. It is not a worthy hesteliv says Esben Møller.
Nor are the treatments in the spring gave the required result.
Enough should be enough, we've had amazing experiences with her, now she out to be horse of the pen, explains Esben Møller. It was with some excitement that we came Matin first hours of the fold, but fortunately it appears that temperament full jump took down in his new life.

Matin will spend the next six month's time to be a "horse" out of the fold. She must have something light and air, and fed by a filly. By giving her some other conditions, we hope that Matin comes in good cycle and begins to show oestrus in the spring, so she can ifoles.
We do not wash eggs at Matin for the coming season. She should have allowed themselves to become pregnant and go with a foal. I believe this may be good for her psyche. Injection, and studies related to ægtransplantation a stress load of shops. Matin has been subjected to investigations and syringes enough, now she must be allowed to calm and horse ends Esben Møller.

eurodressage
Jun. 27, 2011, 09:55 AM
CZF: horsetalk is wrong. The info on ED came directly from Blue Hors.

CZF
Jun. 27, 2011, 09:57 AM
CZF: horsetalk is wrong. The info on ED came directly from Blue Hors.

Could be. Lord knows the translation was a bit rough :lol:

Anyway, regardless, it's such a terrible loss. They must have been totally devastated. :cry: