PDA

View Full Version : Cobblestone H.T., Dexter, Michigan

allpurpose
Jun. 24, 2011, 10:22 AM
The USEA Cobblestone Farms Horse Trials is accepting late entries through www.evententries.com until Tuesday, June 28. The event is taking place July 8-10 in Dexter, MI, and running Pre-Beginner Novice through Preliminary levels.

This is a great event and a beautiful farm! Anyone going? Anyone been in previous years? Thoughts?

deltawave
Jun. 24, 2011, 10:58 AM
I'm never, ever in town for that show! Might send Bonnie with a friend riding, though. :)

slp2
Jun. 24, 2011, 03:40 PM
Love this event!! I am entered (but NO one is allowed to utter the dates to my horse!! See my "day before show bad karma thread" for why) ;) So I'm crossing my fingers that my girl is healed up by then and we are good to go.

The x-c course has beautiful jumps and a great flow to it. Everyone does a great job of making this event a great experience.

baxtersmom
Jun. 24, 2011, 05:18 PM
Great farm, great show. Not sure if we'll ride due to finances this month, but will be there in some capacity. :)

xcatheart
Jun. 24, 2011, 06:09 PM
I'm taking my two!!!! (well, that's MY plan! Being horses, you never know what THEIR plan is!) My gelding is moving up to Novice and my baby is doing BN! Love the facility and what's really nice is that the owners are super fabulously nice people too!

faybe
Jun. 24, 2011, 08:44 PM
I'll be there! I think running xc control for scubed and probably grooming for DH.

Hey Mickey
Jun. 25, 2011, 02:00 AM
I'll be there. I've never been, hear its lovely. My TB is doing novice (his 1st time, he doesn't know it)

ohrebecca
Jun. 25, 2011, 02:05 AM
If I have the time off work, maybe I will go and watch my first HT, and take pictures!

CarrieK
Jun. 25, 2011, 08:51 PM
I actually have that weekend off quelle surprise so I'll be going, but only to spectate.

allpurpose
Jun. 27, 2011, 10:45 AM
This just in:

Dorothy Crowell will be doing a Prelim and Novice coursewalk on Friday, July 8.

Check out the website for details: http://www.cobblestonefarmsllc.com/

fargonefarm
Jun. 27, 2011, 01:43 PM
Great show, beautiful facility, and everything is very well-run. Sadly, my farm (which I own) is hosting a Dressage schooling show that weekend so my students and I will not be able to attend. Hopefully next year though!

gracevs
Jun. 27, 2011, 11:42 PM
wonderful facility and very well run event. top class, great people. i would highly recommend it!

baxtersmom
Jun. 28, 2011, 10:24 AM
We're in! Can't wait! :)

allpurpose
Jul. 2, 2011, 11:41 AM
We can use a few more volunteers to help us July 8 - 10. Please PM me for details.

jumpforjoy
Jul. 5, 2011, 11:01 AM
I'll be spectating on the 9th and 10th....watching a little spotty horse compete that I've arranged to buy...
Anyone know when the ride times will be up?

jumpforjoy
Jul. 5, 2011, 08:38 PM
never mind, ride times are out!

baxtersmom
Jul. 11, 2011, 12:26 PM
Just wanted to say THANKS SO MUCH to everyone involved with the HT this weekend!!! (Also to allpurpose for posting about late entries, we were one of them!)

Everyone was working their tails off to make sure things were foot-perfect for competitors this weekend - the footing got aerated and watered and transformed from Michigan clay pavement to something reasonable for galloping, there was cold water for sweaty riders at every corner, tons of pink shirts for the "Jump for a Cure" breast cancer benefit, a friendly word from every volunteer, and Jim D. even parked my friend's trailer for her (still sorting out how her new truck handles) with a grin on his face. An absolute top-notch outing - I feel sorry for anyone who missed it!

Our crew had an ABSOLUTE BLAST and put in great performances (14 riders, all safe and happy, poneh and I even managed to finish on our dressage and beat our trainer by half a point, ha ha!).

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYONE WHO WORKED SO HARD TO MAKE IT HAPPEN! Now get some rest! :)

PS. I also got to meet scubed! Yay!

faybe
Jul. 11, 2011, 01:56 PM
Just wanted to say THANKS SO MUCH to everyone involved with the HT this weekend!!! (Also to allpurpose for posting about late entries, we were one of them!)

Everyone was working their tails off to make sure things were foot-perfect for competitors this weekend - the footing got aerated and watered and transformed from Michigan clay pavement to something reasonable for galloping, there was cold water for sweaty riders at every corner, tons of pink shirts for the "Jump for a Cure" breast cancer benefit, a friendly word from every volunteer, and Jim D. even parked my friend's trailer for her (still sorting out how her new truck handles) with a grin on his face. An absolute top-notch outing - I feel sorry for anyone who missed it!

Our crew had an ABSOLUTE BLAST and put in great performances (14 riders, all safe and happy, poneh and I even managed to finish on our dressage and beat our trainer by half a point, ha ha!).

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYONE WHO WORKED SO HARD TO MAKE IT HAPPEN! Now get some rest! :)

PS. I also got to meet scubed! Yay!

Hurray! So glad you had a good time and everyone did well! I had a blast being there and watching everyone go. Lots of safe, positive riding out on XC, and lots of happy grins and happy ponies at the finish line! My job was very easy since everyone was riding so well :D

Annnnnd they ended up raising $1,600 for breast cancer research! Incredible! If you haven't seen the photos of everyone all "Pinked Out"- check them out! I'll see if I can't find a link to post.

scubed
Jul. 11, 2011, 07:25 PM
Great organizers, fantastic volunteers and well prepared, cheerful competitors made for a great weekend. Rain on tues and wed would have made it perfect.

Really hope someone has links to post of all the pink. It was great, though made it a touch harder to track down any specific person when everyone was wearing pink :)

allpurpose
Jul. 12, 2011, 08:41 AM
Great weekend for all, and thanks to scubed (our TD) and faybe (XC control) for helping us have a smooth event!

The Pink Out was fabulous, and I'll also try to find the link to the pink photos...

Signed,

The Dancing Announcer:lol:

CarrieK
Jul. 12, 2011, 11:17 AM
I just loved jumping judging on Saturday. Except for that turkey vulture that kept circling overhead, it was a great time. I made a mistake, however, by walking back to the Hub and that's when I became overcome by the heat, and got a little headachy and nauseous. But up till that time it was all good (and to heck with that vulture! I ain't takin no hints from some bird!).

Everyone I spoke with was very pleasant and helpful, the horses and rides were great, and I am absolutely recharged! Thanks!

faybe
Jul. 12, 2011, 11:35 AM
Thank you, CarrieK!!! It was a hot day out there and I was so grateful to have the BEST jump judges out on course. Not a single person complained, everyone handled their jumps perfectly and almost everyone came back to the hub with a smile on their face. I'm still learning the ropes of running control but you guys made my job easy :)

xcatheart
Jul. 12, 2011, 03:37 PM
Yes! It was a FANTASTIC event that ran so smoothly! I moved my boy up to Novice and was alot less worried since we've schooled there before, so it helped "knowing the course"!

And yay! Now I can put a face to some of your screen names since I met a few of you!

Thanks to all who volunteered and were involved! I love being in an area that has great events!