PDA

View Full Version : Mid-South travel help I-71 & I75 construction

Parker'sMom
Jun. 23, 2011, 12:45 PM
I am hauling my daughter's horse to Ky horse park from Columbus OH.

Have heard stories of long waits at construction areas. I am getting nervous being stopped for an hour w/ a horse in the trailer. I called KY roadway hotline and the mechanical "voice" told me "expect long delays".

Are there really issues to be concerned about? If so where?...any alternates routes? Planning to go thru Cincy on 71 then on to 75.

Thanks for any help!

secretariat
Jun. 23, 2011, 02:09 PM
I'd never go 71 to 75 through Cincinnati on a Friday evening. From Columbus, I'd take 275 around unless there's major construction there as well & tie back into 75 near the airport. The 71/75 split at the river is always a nightmare, even without construction.

tidy rabbit
Jun. 23, 2011, 02:19 PM
Avoid the rush hour for sure. I drove it just last week and on my way down from Dayton (75 all the way), at 6am it was a super easy drive.

On the way back though, unfortunately I hit Cincy right around 4pm and it was a mess. Slow going and really hot out. I felt bad for my horse.

horsecents
Jun. 23, 2011, 05:53 PM
We went to May Daze and drove straight through Cincinnatti going to the Horse Park. On the way home we definitely took 275 around the city to avoid the construction delays. In the future we thought we would take 275 both directions.

Auburn
Jun. 23, 2011, 09:02 PM
Make certain to take I-275 East, otherwise you end up going through Indiana. There is some construction, but it only lasts for about 7-10 miles.

The weather is supposed to be good on Friday, so your horse should not get too hot.

Parker'sMom
Jun. 23, 2011, 10:26 PM
Thanks everyone:)