PDA

View Full Version : Thanks EN - USEF summer lists

scubed
Jun. 23, 2011, 12:03 PM
Shamelessly lifted from the Eventing Nation site - they are so on top of this stuff :yes:

The USEF has just released its new summer High Performance and Developing Rider training lists. As usual, the riders will get to work with Mark Phillips at training sessions at competitions throughout the summer. They will be preparing for the Pan Ams later this year and 2012 Olympics.

High Performance A List:
Phillip Dutton
Will Faudree
Sinead Halpin
Boyd Martin

High Performance B List:
Jennie Brannigan
Hannah Sue Burnett
Will Coleman
Buck Davidson
Clark Montgomery
Karen O'Connor
Doug Payne
Michael Pollard
Julian Stiller

Developing Rider List:
Emily Beshear
Anna Collier
Tiana Coudray
Jon Holling
Max McManamy
Heather Morris
Alexandra Slusher
Tami Smith
Lynn Symansky
Sharon White

LisaB
Jun. 23, 2011, 12:23 PM
Gosh, for once I think I agree with almost all of this list!
Let's see what happens at Richland

goodmorning
Jun. 23, 2011, 12:43 PM
Go Sinead :yes:

I'm sure there are lots of other great riders, but having just lessoned with Sinead & therefore spent some time with her, she is one that I'll gladly cheer on :D

J3D1
Jun. 23, 2011, 03:43 PM
No worries scubed, thanks for the kind words. I agree Lisa, about the only thing that made me double take was putting Sharon on the developing rider list rather than the B list after she did so well at Bromont, but she'll have a chance to jump up big time this autumn.

JER
Jun. 23, 2011, 04:13 PM
Does anyone know why the winner of the Jersey Fresh CCI*** isn't on any of the lists?

LisaB
Jun. 23, 2011, 04:55 PM
More than likely, horse isn't sound enough at the moment.

atheventer85
Jun. 23, 2011, 07:18 PM
Word on the street is Mensa is for sale.... Also, why are Jon Holling and Sharon White on the Developing Riders list? Jon won the Red Hills CICW a few years ago... not "developing" in my book. And Sharon went beautifully at Bromont...

Gry2Yng
Jun. 23, 2011, 08:49 PM
Becky is also absent on a horse that was 6th at Bromont.

ACMEeventing
Jun. 23, 2011, 11:23 PM
How refreshing to see a "revamped" list. Still some spots I would like switched around, but a pleasant change.

Oh my heavens! Have the selectors been reading COTH?

retreadeventer
Jun. 24, 2011, 12:01 AM
Richland may be an important event this year in a lot of ways. Also Fair Hill in the fall, too, as it begats the qualifications for the four star competitions in '12....

LisaB
Jun. 24, 2011, 08:13 AM
Bummer about Mensa! Hopefully, someone in the states will buy.

Xctrygirl
Jun. 24, 2011, 10:47 AM
Re: Jon Holling and Sharon being on the developing rider list....

I think its very appropriate for them. Both are accomplished 4 star riders who keep missing the big time. Why wouldn't some attention and support (and more importantly funding and training) help these two to finally crack the upper echelon at the 4* level and stay there?

As in golf, riding is a sport that you have no likelihood of learning everything you need to know in one lifetime.

So even though Jon and Sharon are "Been there, done that" experienced, why not give them more experiences to develop further?

~Emily

Jealoushe
Jun. 24, 2011, 10:58 AM
Awesome to see Sinead on there! I cliniced with her, she is fabulous!

bornfreenowexpensive
Jun. 24, 2011, 12:18 PM
So even though Jon and Sharon are "Been there, done that" experienced, why not give them more experiences to develop further?

~Emily

I think the sentiment was they should be on the A or B list not the developing list.....not that they shouldn't be on the list at all.

Honestly...list looks fine to me. Not sure it means all that much (perhaps I'm wrong)...just a few free lessons if you can get to where the lessons are being held....and a marketing tool to put on a web site. In other words...nice to be on the list and a good achievement but it doesn't mean someone not on that list isn't considered good and will not be kicking butt at some major competitions.

Carol Ames
Jun. 24, 2011, 01:24 PM
It's nice to know they recognize someone not one of "the oldguard:lol:; not that getting along with all types of horses makes a difference:lol:

maxxtrot
Jun. 24, 2011, 11:37 PM
so glad to see jon on one of the list, but as someone else said maybe should have been on the b list. his problem was losing the horse at the red hills show couple of years back. hard to bring along another one fast. but he's for sure got one now baby!