PDA

View Full Version : Spinoff: Naked Dressage

Velvet
Jun. 22, 2011, 05:14 PM
This is a spinoff from the summer attire thread.

Okay, so who thinks this class would be a boon to dressage? Meaning we'd draw more people out to watch the sport? Who thinks it would chase people away? :eek: :lol:

cloudyandcallie
Jun. 22, 2011, 05:24 PM
Who posted the youtube video link on coth where the cute guy was jumping au naturel? That was cool.

It's been over 100 for 3 days in a row here. I don't care if people ride nude. I don't check out anyone but guys anyway, so let people ride and jump and paiffe in anything they want to.

I would be interested, after the "Stiffen Peters" photo posted on coth a few years ago, to see him ride nude.:lol:

Equibrit
Jun. 22, 2011, 06:13 PM
Ask Kenn Acebal.
http://www.ratemyhorsepro.com/learn-more/articles/dressage-trainer-kenn-acebal-arrested-after-driving-naked--rate-my-horse-pro.aspx

Bogey2
Jun. 22, 2011, 06:14 PM
Velvet...you need to get a more exciting job!:D:lol:

LookmaNohands
Jun. 22, 2011, 06:14 PM
I used to do bridleless jumping exhibitions.

I always wanted to call it "Half Naked Horsemanship!" :lol:

cloudyandcallie
Jun. 22, 2011, 06:21 PM
Ask Kenn Acebal.
http://www.ratemyhorsepro.com/learn-more/articles/dressage-trainer-kenn-acebal-arrested-after-driving-naked--rate-my-horse-pro.aspx

Ha! I nearly took the job as chief ADA up there 11 yrs ago. He had meth. If he'd just been driving nude, he'd probably have just been ticketed by the cops for speeding (uh driving too fast not "speeding with speed") or whatever he was first pulled over for. Nude driving is not illegal in GA, if not visible to other drivers. (Meaning don't drive nude in your convertible.)

Mike Matson
Jun. 22, 2011, 06:22 PM
If the OP had done a bit of research, she would have found that "Disrobed Dressage" is a class at this show. ;)

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/showthread.php?t=309745

Nojacketrequired
Jun. 22, 2011, 07:19 PM
After reading the thread about the problems with overweight dressage riders in North America, I'm thinking this MIGHT not be quite the draw you were hoping for, Velvet!

NJR-looking-for-the-brain-bleach

Equibrit
Jun. 22, 2011, 10:52 PM
Nude driving is not illegal in GA, if not visible to other drivers.

"Acebal is charged with possession of methamphetamine, public indecency and possession of drug-related items, according to the Forsyth County Sheriff Department."

GEORGIA CODE
TITLE 16. CRIMES AND OFFENSES
CHAPTER 6. SEXUAL OFFENSES

O.C.G.A. § 16-6-8 (2007)

§ 16-6-8. Public indecency.

(a) A person commits the offense of public indecency when he or she performs any of the following acts in a public place:
(1) An act of sexual intercourse;
(2) A lewd exposure of the sexual organs;
(3) A lewd appearance in a state of partial or complete nudity; or
(4) A lewd caress or indecent fondling of the body of another person.......

allison finch
Jun. 23, 2011, 12:41 AM
Commonsense1 ?

Are you the same person posting this in all the different horse forums? Are you so obsessed with this that you hijack any old thread with it?

If you are not that person, start a thread of your own to further punish this creep.

Tiki
Jun. 23, 2011, 07:43 AM
They recently had stories all over the web on a whole bunch of naked bike rides.

dudleyc
Jun. 23, 2011, 08:22 AM
Years ago my now ex-husband was videoing (sp?) a clinic. I was so excited to watch that tape as I had never seen a video of myself riding. Well my ex kept doing close up of my boobs. There is no way I'm riding without a good sports bra. and can you imagine saddle sores on all the tender bits around your bottom?

Velvet
Jun. 23, 2011, 10:03 AM
Velvet...you need to get a more exciting job!:D:lol:

You're probably right. :lol:

cloudyandcallie
Jun. 23, 2011, 04:51 PM
lewd and nude are two totally different legal definitions under GA law. Of course the defendant here admitted having, uh,, just had some fun with himself while driving, so I guess that is what the truck driver saw.:eek:

Meanwhile, everyone need not fear being pulled over by the cops for driving nude in GA. They have enough worries with the drunk drivers and drivers smoking meth, as the defendant here stated he was doing. Now nude riding, well that's the subject of a lot of threads. i guess if you keep it on private property, you can ride however you want to, Lady Godiva and all.

CosMonster
Jun. 23, 2011, 05:59 PM
I don't know, nude dressage sounds incredibly painful to me. With an appropriately padded saddle, maybe.

Though yeah, if we want to draw in spectators there might need to be some entrance requirements. OTOH, though, who knows...the novelty alone might be enough to draw people in. I'll admit I wanted to see the video of the naked showjumper as soon as I saw it mentioned in another thread...C&C's description of him as "cute" only makes me want to see it more! :lol:

cloudyandcallie
Jun. 23, 2011, 06:41 PM
cosmonster, go over to youtube and search "nude horse jumping" and evaluate the form of that French rider.:lol: His horse might have 4 faults, but he doesn't seem to have any.

ack, make that "naked horse jumping" on youtube.

and if anyone wants to borrow my old FOH bunny costume, the fake white fur kind to ride in a class, just PM me. Altho I don't know how the white fur and satin pink ears would go with a helmet.

ACP
Jun. 23, 2011, 06:48 PM
If there even was nude dressage, and I dared to participate, management would pay me NOT to ride!

nickers@dawn
Jun. 23, 2011, 06:56 PM
Yeah not too many dressage riders look like playboy bunnies, :no:

But maybe watching bunnies topple off of GP horses would draw a crowd!

Sandy M
Jun. 23, 2011, 07:26 PM
When my brother (who is now 59) was a teenager, rather than make it "forbidden fruit," my mother allowed him to read (and put up in his room) the Playboy Playmates. I noticed the "accompanying text" and picture when they did an..ahem...spread on actress/singer Lola Falana..on horseback..nude...western saddle, black horse. She was riding through tall yellow grass in a big field, bright, sunny day, and all I could think was "Damn! I sure hope they kept that horse standing in the shade. I don't think a "sun-warmed" western saddle (no suede that I could see) would be something I'D want to plunk my delicate parts on nekkid!!