PDA

View Full Version : via USEA site: learn to joust, be a TV star, win $100k!

JER
Jun. 22, 2011, 01:47 PM
Here's your chance: Full Metal Jousting (http://useventing.com/competitions.php?id=2865)

HISTORY and the producers of Top Shot and The Ultimate Fighter are looking for America’s toughest and bravest for their new competition series Full Metal Jousting. Yes, we said JOUSTING. If you are a skilled horseback rider and have the heart of a warrior, then you might have what it takes to become America’s first Full Metal Jouster and win the $100,000 grand prize.

This hard-hitting competition will recreate the raw, crushing force of 13th Century jousting battles by arming 16 fierce competitors with lances, 200 pounds of armor and a 2,000-pound war horse -- all charging through an arena with one goal in mind... to become champion.

You don’t need to be an experienced jouster, but you DO need strength, determination and the desire to win.
We teach you how to joust. You crush the competition.

Pilgrim Films website page & application (http://pilgrimfilms.tv/casting/jousting/)

$100K? I love money!

Weapons? I can fight competently with sticks, swords, and guns.

But 200 lbs of armour? Oh dear. That's about twice as much as me. :mad:

:D

vineyridge
Jun. 22, 2011, 02:08 PM
2000 lb WAR HORSE? Where are they going to find those after all this time?

Jousting IS the Maryland State sport.

JER
Jun. 22, 2011, 02:12 PM
2000 lb WAR HORSE? Where are they going to find those after all this time?

Well, they can probably fudge it a bit. You know the old movie saying 'the camera adds 10 pounds'?

:lol:

kinnip
Jun. 22, 2011, 02:15 PM
I tried that once. It was really hard to not default to pole vaulting. That lance is just a skoshy bit cumbersome.

Toadie's mom
Jun. 22, 2011, 02:30 PM
That would be so cool if a fellow Cother qualified! Keep us posted JER :winkgrin:

netg
Jun. 22, 2011, 02:35 PM
If I grow a foot taller really quickly... How fun! The fact I think it sounds fun may show off what a nerd I am, though...

BEARCAT
Jun. 22, 2011, 02:43 PM
Good thing they have this:

"•Participant must never have been convicted of or have charges pending against him or her for any of the following misdemeanors: •Assault
•Battery
•Stalking
•Making terrorist threats
•Willful violation of a domestic violence protective order
•Brandishing a deadly weapon
•Willfully discharging a firearm in a grossly negligent manner
•Any unlawful use, possession or handling of a weapon
•Threatening a Public Officer or Employee with violence
•Intimidating a Witness
•Animal cruelty, neglect or abandonment
•Improper or inhumane animal housing/breeding
•Improper or inhumane animal transportation
•Unlawful trade/trafficking in any animal species
•Participation in animal bloodsport (including as a spectator)"

Before this:

"IMPORTANT: If you are selected as a cast member on Full Metal Jousting, you must be available and willing to live in the Full-Metal Jousting house from approximately October 13 to November 14, 2011 without access to phones, computers, television, radio, mail or any other form of communication with people outside of the production of the show. Your loved ones will be provided with contact information to reach production staff in the case of emergency situations only. You must make arrangements to be out of communication with family, friends and work for the duration of your participation in the show"

Imagine spending 1 month with real old timey soldiers from the Middle Ages!

tle
Jun. 22, 2011, 03:38 PM
Well... if Survivor doesn't want me... maybe I can joust! :)

JP60
Jun. 22, 2011, 04:57 PM
Last year my girl friend talked me into dressing up for Halloween. We made costumes for Clover (my Pony, her mount) and Mercedes (my big Trakehner) in the theme of the Queen and her Knight. Fringed reins, fringed horse covers in her native country's colors, she as a Queen, me a Knight complete with shield and sword.

Time came to parade around the field for friends and family. The sword did not come with a sheath so I had stuck in the belt. As I mount my trusty steed I barely get my butt in the saddle when she bolts like the hounds of hell were after her. in the middle of the field, with me somehow still on, she stops, jumps right and momentum carries me up over and on the ground, landing on my back. WTF!!! :eek: Oh that hurt, but I was able to get back up, wave to the crowd "I'm okay, see!!" and remount, this time without sword and shield. The parade continued and fun was had by all (till the next day when I really felt that fall. Black and blue for the lower third of my back for weeks). What happened? the damn plastic sword stuck in my belt the way I did went and poked her right in the back as I sat down...such engagement of the hinds legs I never felt before nor again :lol:

200+ lbs of armor plus my weight spells a world of hurt for this body hitting the ground. I think I'll wince comfortably from my couch and remark on their position like a good riding potato.

vbunny
Jun. 22, 2011, 08:37 PM
Hubby thinks women will get crushed if they try. Bummer, I'd have gone for it. I hope I remember to watch it.

kkindley
Jun. 23, 2011, 07:47 AM
ah... I remember my first try at jousting! My plucky little pony DID NOT appreciate me having the back end of it bouncing on his butt. So we went merrily galloping off across a HUGE field! My mom looking on, unconcerned. Made it to the other side and walked back to rejoin the group. It was a ton of fun, and this sounds interesting, although I don't see it getting good ratings. Will it be modern jousting with rings or actually knocking each other off?