PDA

View Full Version : Which Test?

Hidden
Jun. 22, 2011, 12:43 PM
I have not shown in over a year while we worked on some issues with my position and his attitude. In the old tests we were doing training 2/3 and fairing well enough. My show budget is constricted this year due to some storm damages, but I hope to get to one or two schooling shows in the fall. Reading the training tests I think I should focus on Training 3 as my show goal for the fall. I believe if I work on mastering this test I will be able to do 1/2 and I think that it will motivate me since the movements are the same as I did in T3, but the pattern is more complex and the need for obedience is more. This does not say I will show at that level, but I think this is the test I should aim for. Opinions?

Lost_at_C
Jun. 22, 2011, 01:18 PM
Sounds like a good goal but you shouldn't focus on the tests themselves in your schooling. Work on the appropriate exercises to progress you along the training scale instead, and aim to be schooling first level if you're showing TL. Practice of the tests themselves should be minimal. Good luck!

joiedevie99
Jun. 22, 2011, 03:05 PM
Ditto. Make a list of all the training level movements and the first level movements. Incorporate them all into your daily routine, in varying order.

CHT
Jun. 22, 2011, 03:06 PM
T2 and T3 test different things, so I would consider them both top level tests for that level. For example T3's only trot circles are the stretch circle, wheras T2 has proper circles both ways. Both T2 and T3 have you do a canter to trot transition at X. The loops in T3 are a good test as you change bend a little more rapidly and is a good test of straightness.

I guess what I am trying to say, is that some find t3 easier and some find t2 easier!

So I would set your goal for both the T2 and T3 tests. Good luck!

quietann
Jun. 22, 2011, 04:27 PM
T2 and T3 test different things, so I would consider them both top level tests for that level. For example T3's only trot circles are the stretch circle, wheras T2 has proper circles both ways. Both T2 and T3 have you do a canter to trot transition at X. The loops in T3 are a good test as you change bend a little more rapidly and is a good test of straightness.

I guess what I am trying to say, is that some find t3 easier and some find t2 easier!

So I would set your goal for both the T2 and T3 tests. Good luck!

These must be the Canadian tests. In the US, T2 does not have a canter-trot transition at X, only T3 does.

Petstorejunkie
Jun. 22, 2011, 08:03 PM
It depends on what your tough or weak points are. For me, TL1 was the toughest, just to remember what corners to ride and which ones were part of the dang circles! I finally got so fed up in practice I started calling/yelling it to myself.
TL 3 has the most prompt transitions, so if your transitions are sharp, you'll really shine in TL 3. TL 2 to me is the easiest.
TL 3 was our strongest test, and we're starting 1st next show