PDA

View Full Version : Evaluate my horses' pedigree

StrawberryFields
Jun. 21, 2011, 06:52 PM
....as a potential broodmare, please! The different horses, potential, etc! Thanks!

StrawberryFields
Jun. 21, 2011, 06:53 PM
haha sorry, guess it would help if I included a link :P

http://www.pedigreequery.com/savannah+punch

Laurierace
Jun. 21, 2011, 08:20 PM
A race broodmare or sport horse broodmare? Any idea why she didn't race? Two Punch babies tend to be lovely but are prone to have a screw loose.

StrawberryFields
Jun. 21, 2011, 10:00 PM
Either or is fine. Screw loose?? Not this horse....she is the sanest horse I have ever.met. She was my first horse I bought. And she didnt race bc she was hurt in a pasture accident that prevented her from racing but I was able to compete her up to novice eventing,hunters,dressage,and polocrosse! She is now used for beginner lessons. She is something special! Good brain

Laurierace
Jun. 21, 2011, 10:15 PM
I am not impressed with her for racing but am happy to hear you found a good one. I only had one Two Punch but she was nuttier than a fruitcake. In fact I still have the stupid goat I got to attempt to slow down her stall galloping. When that didn't cut it I borrowed a pony from a rescue and put her in the stall with my mare. We called the pony Speed Bump!

keepthelegend
Jun. 21, 2011, 10:17 PM
The names in a pedigree are not that important. It's what the female family has produced in the way of black type horses that matters.

Texarkana
Jun. 21, 2011, 11:11 PM
If the economy was still good, your mare would have been worth something in a state breeding program. She's from a long line of producers and female blacktype winners. A really nice cross-section of what MD breeding used to be!

Unfortunately, while her dam was a very successful racehorse, she didn't reproduce herself. In the current market, that makes her value as a racing broodmare about nil.

On a side note, I'm pretty sure your mare was race-trained because I'm pretty sure I ran across her somewhere...

And I'll agree with Laurie, some of the nuttiest horses I've ever met are Two Punches, but not all of them!

StrawberryFields
Jun. 22, 2011, 01:03 AM
She was indeed race trained! Just never made it to an actual race... Owners decided not to waste their money,lol