PDA

View Full Version : locating TB mares

aquafarms
Jun. 20, 2011, 11:33 PM
I'm wondering if some of the Thoroughbred folk could lead me in the right direction on how I might try to find a couple of mares. From what I gather they were foaled in Florida and are maternal sisters. The first mare is Private Lady (1995) and she seems to have foals registered as late as 2008 and the other is Miss Amalthia (1997) and I couldn't find any offspring from her so she may not be around any longer. I've only had experience with warmblood associations and they will give you ownership info but when I contacted the Jocky Club they said they couldn't give that info out. Any help would be great.
Thanks
Joe

judybigredpony
Jun. 20, 2011, 11:49 PM
Joe you could try looking to see if her get was sold @ public auction. Brisnet has a program you can pay to see where and when any of her foals had sold or her. They will also list selling vendor and buyer.

The JC may well not have the current owner.

Also if you back track to the last stallion she was bred by they would have that owners information.

The unbred mare you could try seeing who owned or trained her by her last race appearence, again Brisnet will have that for $2.00

Good luck

furlong47
Jun. 21, 2011, 12:22 AM
Both of these mares are PA bred.

The breeder of Private Lady's last foal (2008 filly Talk Twice) was Dr Alfonso E Martinez, in Florida

Miss Amalthia, at the time of her last start (2/15/01 at Charles Town) was owned and trained by Thomas C Weeks

I'd start with trying to find those people and work forward.

caffeinated
Jun. 21, 2011, 07:18 AM
Actually if you have the foals' names from the one mare, you can look up the foals' pedigrees for free on equineline, they usually have the breeders names on them (and *most* of the time, the breeder is who owned the mare)

Also to judy, just as an fyi, bloodhorse has an auction search tool that is free (I have it bookmarked on my other computer and can post that- it is quite useful)

aquafarms
Jun. 21, 2011, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the help, I did try and find a number for Dr. Alfonso Martinez but ended up calling the wrong one. Caffeinated could you please post that link or PM me if you would prefer. I did notice that one of Private Lady's offspring did sell at one of the OSB sales but all I ever seem to notice is the consigner listed not the owners but I may be missing something. Again thanks !

caffeinated
Jun. 21, 2011, 11:44 AM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/auctions-tool/

You can search by horse name, or dam name

(i think you have to be logged in to use it - if it brings you to a login screen create a (free) account, log in, then try the above link again)

caffeinated
Jun. 21, 2011, 11:51 AM
I did notice that one of Private Lady's offspring did sell at one of the OSB sales but all I ever seem to notice is the consigner listed not the owners but I may be missing something. Again thanks !

Looks like Private Lady was consigned for sale in 2008 but it was by Paradiso Farm/Alfonso Martinez who you've tried to find already. But here's their manta page:

http://www.manta.com/c/mmlkhfd/paradiso-farm