PDA

View Full Version : The Look of Eagles. Um...Not exactly...

B Street Tango
Jun. 20, 2011, 10:22 PM
So my 5 y/o TB does this notsosmart gaze anytime he hears or sees something that is a little out of place. I don't know if he's a redHEAD or a redNECK because 1/2 the time his mouth is open, too, and it just looks like he's thinking "Huuuhhh?". Sometimes he just gazes up at nothing! I tried to capture it on my cell today while handwalking/grazing. (He's on day 2 of 30 days stall rest, coming back from hock surgery last Tuesday.) It's funnier in person but thought I'd share it anyway.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/two2tango/2011-06-20_18-53-15_27.jpg

catosis
Jun. 20, 2011, 10:25 PM
That is soooooo cute!

deltawave
Jun. 20, 2011, 10:27 PM
He's practicing for his soap opera audition! :lol:

OverandOnward
Jun. 20, 2011, 10:39 PM
Too cute. He's pretty!

Perhaps he is struck by sudden thoughts, and has to pause to consider them, while stretching to let the blood rush to his brain. :yes: Like, "Why is the sky blue?" "What holds up those white fluffy things up there?" "Will I ever go to Rolex?" "Why do I have to have my mane pulled when I'm on stall rest?" ;) :D

EventingMEF
Jun. 20, 2011, 10:43 PM
That literally just made me laugh out loud! So cute!!!

Also just read this... :D

"Why is the sky blue?" "What holds up those white fluffy things up there?" "Will I ever go to Rolex?" "Why do I have to have my mane pulled when I'm on stall rest?"

Love it

B Street Tango
Jun. 20, 2011, 10:48 PM
"Why do I have to have my mane pulled when I'm on stall rest?" ;) :D

Haha - that made ME laugh out loud! Wait until I start practicing braiding while he's on stall rest. I just bought some waxed thread and thought I'd play around while we can't work! :D He'll be really confused then!

Teacup
Jun. 20, 2011, 10:49 PM
What a cute boy you have! :D

FLeckenAwesome
Jun. 20, 2011, 10:56 PM
ha ha!! That's hilarious :)

Thanks for sharing... what a goof!

LexInVA
Jun. 20, 2011, 10:59 PM
Looks like a goose to me.

RAyers
Jun. 20, 2011, 11:20 PM
"Is that a 1,000 pound weight falling?"

shea'smom
Jun. 20, 2011, 11:20 PM
My goodness. I really did laugh out loud!
He's a cutie, hope he does well with his recovery.

Kairoshorses
Jun. 20, 2011, 11:22 PM
Love it. Also the commentary through his head. I think he could have a whole page on the internet. :D

amastrike
Jun. 21, 2011, 12:20 AM
LOL! What a doof!

Big_Grey_hunter
Jun. 21, 2011, 12:31 AM
:lol: He's a cutie, but I'm not so sure I would use noble to describe him :lol:

Cheval Gris
Jun. 21, 2011, 07:31 AM
I am sitting at my desk in the icu before my shift starts literally laughing out loud. What a great start to my day! Reminds me of my boy! Lol

mortebella
Jun. 21, 2011, 07:39 AM
He's adorable!

Janet
Jun. 21, 2011, 07:47 AM
Whe mine does that, it means he has thought of some new mischief to get into!

I take it the surgery went well? Still jingling for an uneventful recovery.

OTTB FTW
Jun. 21, 2011, 08:31 AM
The sky is falling!! The sky is falling!!

Any chance he looks at birds and/or planes, or maybe moving clouds? I've had 2 that would look up specifically at UFOs, the others have been completely oblivious to what was over their heads.

Jingling for recovery!

Samantha37
Jun. 21, 2011, 08:46 AM
LOVE IT!!!!!!! That is so funny :)

fargaloo
Jun. 21, 2011, 08:55 AM
Perhaps he is looking FOR eagles?

What a cutie -- hope he recovers quickly!

amastrike
Jun. 21, 2011, 09:57 AM
This is still hilarious this morning! He looks like he rides the short bus :lol:.

foxhavenfarm
Jun. 21, 2011, 10:07 AM
LOL, love the picture...and all of the replies. :lol:

B Street Tango
Jun. 21, 2011, 10:48 AM
Whe mine does that, it means he has thought of some new mischief to get into!

I take it the surgery went well? Still jingling for an uneventful recovery.

Yes, surgery went very well. As long as we don't have any set backs, his prognosis looks pretty good. He seems sound at the walk, we're trying to keep his stall walking to a minimum and as long as he doesn't have a re-occurance when he finishes his antibiotics, we're hoping for the best. Thanks for keeping him in your thoughts.

Toadie's mom
Jun. 21, 2011, 01:49 PM
I think he was clearing his throat to tell you about this profound thought he had...then he forgot what he was going to say.

Big_Grey_hunter
Jun. 21, 2011, 01:58 PM
I'm sorry, but I crack up everytime I look at this picture :lol:

Ibex
Jun. 21, 2011, 02:20 PM
I think he was clearing his throat to tell you about this profound thought he had...then he forgot what he was going to say.

:lol:

Aorrowan
Jun. 21, 2011, 09:47 PM
So cute!! I had an OTTB that used to do this as well! He was ...well... rather neurotic... and we always used to say he was on watch for another alien abduction :)

PhoenixFarm
Jun. 21, 2011, 09:52 PM
I have a friend who had a Mexican OTTB who she was fifth at Rolex with in the mid 90's. That horse had only one facial expression, and it was "Duuuuuuuuhhhhhhhh." He always looked like he was staring at nothing, focusing on something no one else could see. In his stall, in the pasture, dropping in to the Head of the Lake, if you isolated his head and look at the pics they would have all been exactly the same:

"Duuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh."

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bugs-n-Frodo
Jun. 21, 2011, 11:47 PM
I am sorry but that has to be one of the most endearing expressions I have ever seen on a horse. That is priceless.

Gayla
Jun. 22, 2011, 12:08 AM
This horse has nothing to hide. so sweet. :)

kateh
Jun. 22, 2011, 11:19 AM
Hmm looks like The Look of Turkeys to me! :lol:

Bugs-n-Frodo
Jun. 22, 2011, 02:19 PM
I had to come back to this thread today just to see that picture. He is so cute.

B Street Tango
Jun. 22, 2011, 03:15 PM
Thanks everyone. He really is an incredibly sweet horse, I don't think he has a mean bone in his body. And I'm really hoping he turns into a nice "steady-eddie" with some time and patience.

BugsnFrodo - one of his nicknames is actually Bugs, because we call him Scooterbug!

Xanthoria
Jun. 22, 2011, 05:21 PM
That's the Look of Beagles!

witherbee
Jun. 22, 2011, 05:39 PM
He is adorable! I love the expression and he really is pretty. My oldest guy likes to stand in the corner in his stall with his head tilted and neck stretched - looks like "up periscope" and I always wonder what he is thinking.

That picture is just priceless!