PDA

View Full Version : Open Dressage Championships

DutchDressageQueen
Jun. 20, 2011, 04:35 PM
I know that in the regionals, non-citizens are allowed to compete.

I also know that you can participate in the NAJYRC but it said you were only allowed to participate as an individual, not on any teams, and you would only be allowed to receive a ribbon. no medals, etc. So I will wait until I am able to become a citizen, to participate in this. (as of october I would have to wait a year)

Are there any other Open championships?
Also does anyone know If I would be able to get my citizenship earlier than 5 years of living in the US, if I would ride on the US youngrider team?

Thanks, DDQ

DutchDressageQueen
Jun. 21, 2011, 02:04 PM
anyone know?

joiedevie99
Jun. 21, 2011, 02:34 PM
I know two different people who have ridden at NAJYRC for other countries, and both had a blast- so don't discount that option.

Otherwise, Regionals and Devon are year-end goals for lots of people around here. We also have the BLM championships in this area. Devon and BLM's are far if you're in Florida, so look around and see what your area has.

atlatl
Jun. 21, 2011, 02:36 PM
Also does anyone know If I would be able to get my citizenship earlier than 5 years of living in the US, if I would ride on the US youngrider team?

No, riding on the US young rider team will not provide you a short cut to citizenship.

DutchDressageQueen
Jun. 21, 2011, 04:29 PM
what are BLM championships?
also what do you have to do to be able to compete in devon?

joiedevie99
Jun. 21, 2011, 04:39 PM
Blm Chamionship info is here: http://www.cblm.org/

Prizelist for Devon is at: http://dressageatdevon.org/cms/2011pdf/2011DADPrizeList.pdf

DutchDressageQueen
Jun. 21, 2011, 09:06 PM
I read the prizelist for Devon.
Is devon a qualifier for other championships?

Again, I read the prize list but I am confused. Can someone tell me exactly what devon is? Do you have to ride qualifying classes ( like for GAIG) and then devon is the championship?

how does it work?

Thanks, DDQ

Pony Fixer
Jun. 21, 2011, 10:00 PM
Devon is a CDI/W. Because it is a popular show in a small venue, you must qualify to enter (4th level and above only compete). You send in a minimum of 2 scores over 65% and then they take the top scores as entrants. It is not a qualifier for any regional awards, per se.

The BLMs are very similar to the GAIG regional championships, but only exist in region 1 (they were the precursor to the regional championships). You must qualify for them, in a class listed as a BLM qualifier (used to be the 3rd test of each level, now the 2nd test so as not to directly compete with the GAIGs).

If you live in FL, then neither of those shows is going to be an attractive option. Devon is in PA (and you are currently 3rd level, which it doesn't even have), and the BLM finals this year are in NJ.

DutchDressageQueen
Jun. 21, 2011, 10:15 PM
Devon is a CDI/W. Because it is a popular show in a small venue, you must qualify to enter (4th level and above only compete). You send in a minimum of 2 scores over 65% and then they take the top scores as entrants. It is not a qualifier for any regional awards, per se.

The BLMs are very similar to the GAIG regional championships, but only exist in region 1 (they were the precursor to the regional championships). You must qualify for them, in a class listed as a BLM qualifier (used to be the 3rd test of each level, now the 2nd test so as not to directly compete with the GAIGs).

If you live in FL, then neither of those shows is going to be an attractive option. Devon is in PA (and you are currently 3rd level, which it doesn't even have), and the BLM finals this year are in NJ.

Thank you!

This really clarified it. :)

joiedevie99
Jun. 21, 2011, 10:21 PM

I assumed the OP was looking to show FEI JR or YR (which Devon has) since she was talking about NAJYRC.

DutchDressageQueen
Jun. 22, 2011, 02:31 PM
Yes, I am planning to show FEI PSG after the region 3 championships in October. ( There I am in 3rd level jr.yr division) October next year is when I can become a citizen. I really want to compete in the NAJYRC (YR) because I also want to go to the young riders world cup.