PDA

View Full Version : Did the Rath family ran out of money ???

Rizzla
Jun. 20, 2011, 11:53 AM
http://www.vimeo.com/25347754

catosis
Jun. 20, 2011, 12:12 PM
While the freestyles are very similar, it is evident that those particular movements and sequences work for the horse. Accusing the Rath family of being cheap is very inappropriate, especially seeing as how you were not present when the new freestyle was created and therefore do not know the reasoning behind each movement and the music selection.

Rizzla
Jun. 20, 2011, 01:09 PM
While the freestyles are very similar, it is evident that those particular movements and sequences work for the horse. Accusing the Rath family of being cheap is very inappropriate, especially seeing as how you were not present when the new freestyle was created and therefore do not know the reasoning behind each movement and the music selection.

It's a one to one carbon copy of the choreography which Edward used for the Euros and the WEG.

Maybe this is normal at lower levels but NOT DONE at the top levels.

Jim Knopf
Jun. 20, 2011, 01:16 PM
And, Theo, you would know how it's done at the top. Clearly, snarkiness knows no bounds, whether at the lower or upper levels. :sigh:

SillyHorse
Jun. 20, 2011, 01:23 PM
It's a one to one carbon copy of the choreography which Edward used for the Euros and the WEG.

Maybe this is normal at lower levels but NOT DONE at the top levels.
And you care because...?

Blkarab
Jun. 20, 2011, 02:34 PM
I would expect to see Mr. Rath use a similiar freestyle with this new horse. Keep in mind, he's had Totilias less than a year, and still learning what works. I would think using a similiar freestyle would make a lot of sense in this case. Maybe it's not normally done at the top levels...but most riders haven't been put in Mr. Rath's unusual place of being on such a high profile horse, and expected to bring in top scores immediately.

Also...it was just announced this week that they hired world-famous DJ Paul van Dyk to put together a new freestyle for Rath and Totilias. That hardly speaks of running out of money.

Rizzla
Jun. 20, 2011, 02:53 PM
I would expect to see Mr. Rath use a similiar freestyle with this new horse. Keep in mind, he's had Totilias less than a year, and still learning what works. I would think using a similiar freestyle would make a lot of sense in this case. Maybe it's not normally done at the top levels...but most riders haven't been put in Mr. Rath's unusual place of being on such a high profile horse, and expected to bring in top scores immediately.

Also...it was just announced this week that they hired world-famous DJ Paul van Dyk to put together a new freestyle for Rath and Totilias. That hardly speaks of running out of money.

Funny that his supporters now have to come from the US, while the German media and forums are bashing him for this fact.

kinnip
Jun. 20, 2011, 02:57 PM
Why does anyone need to bash anyone? The horse doesn't belong to me or you or anyone on this board. PS can do whatever he damned well pleases with the horse, and it pleases him to give the ride to Rath. I'm not crazy about the way the horse is going right now, but geeze, it just hasn't been that long. Even if Toto and Rath never perform as well as Toto and Gal, is it really going to cause mass starvation, nuclear holocaust, zombies?!!! WTF?

Equibrit
Jun. 20, 2011, 03:05 PM
And you care because...?

He's a poisonous little Dutch freestyle gnome.
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8uMfh2_gtdDfT9R_1FJ6nCjmGUmnH7 Bxt5pLEy1qkZQjvkikLbQ

dalpal
Jun. 20, 2011, 03:18 PM
Oh dear lord.....if people aren't bitching about the music, they're bitching about the rider....too many people in this sport like to bitch and moan about details that really are none of their business.

This kid is quite possibly what McIlory is to golf now.

I love Edward Gal...but you know what...DAMN, this kid can ride. And the horse looks great. I'm sure Edward is a true sportsman and is probably thrilled to see Totilas doing so well.

Too bad more people don't have the same attitude. :no:

Blkarab
Jun. 20, 2011, 03:25 PM
kinnip...

I perfectly agree. I really, truly, could care less who was riding the horse. I don't claim to be a "fan" of Mathias Rath...I just want whoever rides the horse to have the time they need to make it a partnership before I set out to judge the pair. It's sad that Gal lost the ride, but frankly, Gal didn't own the horse. The horse was sold, and it's for the new owner to decide who rides him. PS chose Mathias Rath. I wouldn't want to be in MR's shoes, as he has big shoes to fill, and that is a lot of pressure to live up to...especially in such a short amount of time. Edward Gal has been to visit the horse and give Mr Rath advice on how to ride him. Seems to me that EG wants the pair to be successful for the good of the horse, and it also speaks highly of his sportsmanship and professionalism. The exact opposite of what you are showing, Rizzla.

I could care less what the German forums are saying. I think it's sad that Mr. Rath or anyone else has to be bashed at all for riding this stunning horse. But, sadly, we all knew it would happen, and that the critics would be highly criticial of this pair, regardless of the progress that they may make.

My point is that it's going to take time for the partnership to develop. Edward Gal didn't develop the partnership with Totilias over-night, and neither will Mathias Rath.

Blkarab
Jun. 20, 2011, 03:27 PM
Oh dear lord.....if people aren't bitching about the music, they're bitching about the rider....too many people in this sport like to bitch and moan about details that really are none of their business.

This kid is quite possibly what McIlory is to golf now.

I love Edward Gal...but you know what...DAMN, this kid can ride. And the horse looks great. I'm sure Edward is a true sportsman and is probably thrilled to see Totilas doing so well.

Too bad more people don't have the same attitude. :no:

Well Said!!! :yes:

Enderle
Jun. 20, 2011, 03:31 PM
In the end there's only one question: Style. Have it or not.
Obviosly that's something you can't buy for money.

If Edward Gal recycles his freestyle for another horse (and why not, he'll put effort and money in it) we'll see two almost identical freestyles with very similar music in one competition?
Who's getting the points for choreography?

Velvet
Jun. 20, 2011, 03:40 PM
Why is anyone responding to this trolling? I mean, if the grammar used for the title of the post is so poor that the person doesn't know the difference between tenses for the word "run"... :lol:

If it is Theo, then I REALLY have to wonder why anyone has replied at all! :eek:

ideayoda
Jun. 20, 2011, 04:42 PM
Linsenhof is the $, not the Rath per se. And the sequence is same, not the places.

dalpal
Jun. 20, 2011, 05:04 PM
Why is anyone responding to this trolling? I mean, if the grammar used for the title of the post is so poor that the person doesn't know the difference between tenses for the word "run"... :lol:

If it is Theo, then I REALLY have to wonder why anyone has replied at all! :eek:

True...

I will say this to anyone who has to nit pick everyone else's riding/freestyle/horse/etc....

SHUT UP AND RIDE. :yes:

EqTrainer
Jun. 20, 2011, 05:44 PM
True...

I will say this to anyone who has to nit pick everyone else's riding/freestyle/horse/etc....

SHUT UP AND RIDE. :yes:

Yes, this!!!!

Tamara in TN
Jun. 20, 2011, 06:10 PM
Why does anyone care? really,why?

Tamara

catosis
Jun. 20, 2011, 08:17 PM

Who is this Theo you speak of?

alicen
Jun. 20, 2011, 08:54 PM
. Edward Gal has been to visit the horse and give Mr Rath advice on how to ride him.

And you know this how?

bthatasitmay
Jun. 21, 2011, 01:19 AM
Possibly from this article:
http://www.eurodressage.com/equestrian/2011/03/29/gal-accepts-invitation-see-matthias-rath-train-totilas

Enderle
Jun. 21, 2011, 01:26 AM
Well, Matthias stated in an interview (last week) that there has been no contact with Edward Gal except "Hello, how are you" "Thanks, fine" during a competition.
MAR's told he's watching Edwards youtube clips to learn how to deal with Totilas...

Anyway, I'm surprised to learn that theft of intellectual property (choreography here) is no issue in the US.

Coreene
Jun. 21, 2011, 02:39 AM
A large part of who got the ride = who would stump up 1/2 the purchase price, no?

alicen
Jun. 21, 2011, 06:24 AM
Is there a possibility that the choreograpy was purchased?

Manni01
Jun. 21, 2011, 06:41 AM
Funny that his supporters now have to come from the US, while the German media and forums are bashing him for this fact.

I don´t know where you are coming from but be assured not everybody in Germany is bashing him...

As long as it is not proven otherwise I assume that he got the choreography legally and IMO the only problem in this case are the judges.. They didn´t do him a favour but really put him into a bad position....

siegi b.
Jun. 21, 2011, 08:32 AM
Manni01 - "Rizzla" is Theo van Bruggen, a frustrated freestyle designer who will find fault in everything he didn't invent. Theo has been banned from COTH many times for being nasty and argumentative but continues to come back under different names in order to stir the proverbial pot. He has his own forum that consists of a few people that nod their agreement with Theo's posts because if they don't they will get banned. Ask me how I know... :)

ASB Stars
Jun. 21, 2011, 08:50 AM
I think it must be time for the Mods, et al, to bitchslap Theo the toad.

Just my .02.

dalpal
Jun. 21, 2011, 09:06 AM
Well, Matthias stated in an interview (last week) that there has been no contact with Edward Gal except "Hello, how are you" "Thanks, fine" during a competition.
MAR's told he's watching Edwards youtube clips to learn how to deal with Totilas...

Anyway, I'm surprised to learn that theft of intellectual property (choreography here) is no issue in the US.

Who cares? How does this concern any of us here in the US? How does anyone know it was actually "stolen"? Maybe it was paid for. So now we, Amercians are immoral people because no one is jumping up and down over choreography across the pond?

Guess Gal should file a police report. :lol:

dalpal
Jun. 21, 2011, 09:10 AM
A large part of who got the ride = who would stump up 1/2 the purchase price, no?

Once again......who cares? From what I've seen, this young man is a damn good rider at age 25. If memory serves correctly, some of the bigger names said..(Isabel for one) said NO THANKS.

When I purchase a horse, it's my horse. Don't you feel the same? Why should you, me, or anyone else get a say in how the rider was chosen?

Rizzla
Jun. 21, 2011, 09:45 AM
Manni01 - "Rizzla" is Theo van Bruggen, a frustrated freestyle designer who will find fault in everything he didn't invent. Theo has been banned from COTH many times for being nasty and argumentative but continues to come back under different names in order to stir the proverbial pot. He has his own forum that consists of a few people that nod their agreement with Theo's posts because if they don't they will get banned. Ask me how I know... :)

You got banned because you started to bash the most wonderfull olympian rider from the USA. Why because they breed more and better horses than you ever did or will.

Rizzla
Jun. 21, 2011, 09:47 AM
I don´t know where you are coming from but be assured not everybody in Germany is bashing him...

As long as it is not proven otherwise I assume that he got the choreography legally and IMO the only problem in this case are the judges.. They didn´t do him a favour but really put him into a bad position....

Read the facdebook pages of Edward, Hans Peter and Nicole Werner and you can see how legally they goto the freestyle.
:D:D:D

AlterBy
Jun. 21, 2011, 10:06 AM
Read the facdebook pages of Edward, Hans Peter and Nicole Werner and you can see how legally they goto the freestyle.
:D:D:D

What a waste of time. :no:
Really...some should get a life. :yes:

Coreene
Jun. 21, 2011, 10:37 AM
Once again......who cares? From what I've seen, this young man is a damn good rider at age 25. If memory serves correctly, some of the bigger names said..(Isabel for one) said NO THANKS.

When I purchase a horse, it's my horse. Don't you feel the same? Why should you, me, or anyone else get a say in how the rider was chosen?

Who peed on your cornflakes? Last time I looked, this was a discussion forum.

catosis
Jun. 21, 2011, 10:59 AM
If you are a professional who feels it is necessary to baselessly defame other professionals in your field for your own self edification, even if you are at the top, then clearly there are deficiencies- both in character and judgment- that should first be addressed before you should be allowed to continue on in your profession. Get a life, Rizzla. This is an internet forum comprised of many people with many opinions, none of which are facts. In other words, nothing we say really matters here.

Pommederue
Jun. 21, 2011, 11:31 AM
You got banned because you started to bash the most wonderfull olympian rider from the USA. Why because they breed more and better horses than you ever did or will.

MEOW Rizzla.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLyFKz1fTdA&feature=related

Blkarab
Jun. 21, 2011, 11:50 AM
http://www.eurodressage.com/equestrian/2011/03/29/gal-accepts-invitation-see-matthias-rath-train-totilas

Alicen--that was the article.

ideayoda
Jun. 21, 2011, 11:55 AM
Choreography is both a sequences of line and of movements. So this might have the same movements but it is NOT the same line(s). Therefore it is different. And how many ways are there to do the (more) limited movements of GP (due to removal of some exercises...ie rocker/mulitiple p's/etc)?

Equibrit
Jun. 21, 2011, 02:50 PM

There is more than a little green in the Dutch Gnome's comments.

alicen
Jun. 21, 2011, 03:03 PM
Alicen--that was the article.

From that article:
"Edward Gal, who won three World Championship titles and became the 2010 CDIO Aachen Grand Prix Champion with Totilas, announced that he intends to accept an invitation to visit Totilas at his new stables.
"He has had no direct contact with Matthias Alexander Rath......"

We do not that he has actually visited or spoken directly with Rath.

Blkarab
Jun. 21, 2011, 03:28 PM
I stand corrected in stating that he had contact. My point, was more that Mr. Gal's statements were professional and encouraging of Mathias Rath in riding Totilas, and even gave him the advice of "being sensitive and patient with the stallion", which also came from the same article.

My confusion came from the title of the article "Gal accepts Invitation to see Mathias Rath train Totilas". It led me to believe that Edward Gal took the invitation to see Totilas before the competition season began, my mistake.

Anyway...my point was more that Edward Gal has moved on and wishes Mathias Rath the best. I'm sure he still misses Totilas (how could he not) but also knows that there is nothing he can change about the situation. He's being a good sport, which is more than I can say for a lot of others out there.

Blkarab
Jun. 21, 2011, 03:28 PM
There is more than a little green in the Dutch Gnome's comments.

:lol:

dalpal
Jun. 21, 2011, 04:13 PM
Who peed on your cornflakes? Last time I looked, this was a discussion forum.

No pee...cuz I don't eat cornflakes. ;) I'm just sick of people gossiping about this guy because he comes from a family with money.

siegi b.
Jun. 22, 2011, 09:11 AM

Dear Theo, if I remember correctly I got banned because I objected to one your cronies comparing Totilas's stall at PS to a German concentration camp and I told him he was way out of line. Your reply was that my German background was coming through.....

I never bashed any US Olympian rider or otherwise..... You, on the other hand, I will bash all day long now..:lol::lol:

ASB Stars
Jun. 22, 2011, 09:32 AM
Dear Theo, if I remember correctly I got banned because I objected to one your cronies comparing Totilas's stall at PS to a German concentration camp and I told him he was way out of line. Your reply was that my German background was coming through.....

I never bashed any US Olympian rider or otherwise..... You, on the other hand, I will bash all day long now..:lol::lol:

Go Siegi! :winkgrin:

Velvet
Jun. 22, 2011, 12:58 PM
Dear Theo, if I remember correctly I got banned because I objected to one your cronies comparing Totilas's stall at PS to a German concentration camp and I told him he was way out of line.

So THAT's what happened to you! :lol: I miss all the fun. :( ;)

Equibrit
Jun. 23, 2011, 01:22 PM
Ask the gnome what happened to his website and who is suing him for stealing content. No garden of his own, in which to mess with people, any more.

Bogey2
Jun. 24, 2011, 10:31 AM
wow, did his site go poof???

europa
Jun. 24, 2011, 01:09 PM
This guy reminds me of Joe the Subaru salesperson.....

Yeah that's right they did run out of money....all of it.

And I am sure PS is just giving him the sympathy ride....YEAH RIGHT.

LOSER

catosis
Jun. 24, 2011, 06:48 PM
europa-

Do I have your permission to say that I, too, live in Nascar Hell? :lol: So funny... The South, that is!

EqTrainer
Jun. 24, 2011, 09:50 PM
europa-

Do I have your permission to say that I, too, live in Nascar Hell? :lol: So funny... The South, that is!

Well, you can always move north if you dont like it. Just sayin'.

Equibrit
Jun. 25, 2011, 09:03 AM
europa-

Well - bless your heart hun.

europa
Jun. 26, 2011, 08:49 PM
Sure you can!!

I am trapped somewhere between a civil war reenactment and the Bristol Motor Speedway.....YEEHAW!!!!

Arathita
Jun. 26, 2011, 11:18 PM

What U.S. olympian breeds more and better horses than Seigi? Which U.S. olympian has a breeding farm? Seigi's stock bloodlines are not different from horses born in Holland and are of similar quality. This is a strange post.

And no, the Rath family did not run out of money. The current owners purchased a stallion that the former owners wanted to sell. Complain to the former owners for selling if you wish to complain.

ToN Farm
Jun. 26, 2011, 11:31 PM
What U.S. olympian breeds more and better horses than Seigi? Which U.S. olympian has a breeding farm? Belinda Baudin? Iron Spring? Just guessing.

Arathita
Jun. 26, 2011, 11:42 PM
Belinda Baudin? Iron Spring? Just guessing.

Beezie Madden does not breed (she is a contract rider for Iron Spring), and Contango was not an olympian. When did Mary Alice ride in the Olympics? Ravel is Contango's son but he obviously does not breed. Belinda Baudin rode in 1988 and is unlikely the "U.S. Olympian who breeds better horses than Seigi" discussed here. So who is the apparently bashed U.S. Olympian who breeds superior dressage horses? I assume this is in relation to dressage given the people involved.

alicen
Jun. 27, 2011, 05:11 AM
Considering Theo's fondness for Friesens, I'd say Baudin is not an unreasonable guess, but I'm far more curious about what Equibrit isn't revealing.

suzy
Jun. 27, 2011, 09:54 AM

Thanks for posting this link. Good reading and very nice and professional of Gal to share such thoughtful advice. I loved the Gal/Totilas partnership but am prepared to love the Rath/Totilas partnership, too. :) I think he's very talented for someone so young.