PDA

View Full Version : short intro

Manni01
Jun. 20, 2011, 01:55 AM
Hi everybody
In case you are kind of confused where I´m coming from...

I just found this disscussion forum and I´m really happy about it.
I´m an older horseback rider from Germany and will probably move to Florida permanently next year. So I`m looking for Boarding facilities in the Tampa Sarasota Area. Any tips will be apreciated:):)

paulaedwina
Jun. 20, 2011, 08:07 AM
No tips, but just posting to say welcome! I was quite happy to hear about this board when I did and I am sure you'll be happy with the experience as well.

Paula

Manni01
Jun. 20, 2011, 01:27 PM
Thank you:):) for your welcome
so far, this forum looks like a very nice place in the www

UST
Jun. 20, 2011, 02:09 PM
Welcome! So nice to hear you are moving to Florida - which part of Germany are you from? Ich bin aus Oesterreich und wohne in Gainesville:)
My husband used to show his horse down in Sarasota at TripleJFarms (Jay's and Rhonda Holmes place), located off Fruitville Road. Nice facility, but I don't think they offer board...
You can send me a personal message, if you like:)

Manni01
Jun. 20, 2011, 04:18 PM
Thank you:):)

I will contact you per email..

Actually I visited the Triple J Farm already and I talked to Rhonda. Their place is really amazing. I love their roofed Riding arena with a very well cared ground. The stables were extremly nice too. In fact right now they are my first choice in that area. The only thing I´m a little concerned about is that obviously there will be cattle in the arena every day....
And maybe my horses will have objections as they are not used to it... But I´n ready to try.....:D

I´m excited about our moving. It will be a huge change in our livestyle and I simply hope my horeses will adapt well....

UST
Jun. 20, 2011, 04:49 PM
I just sent you a PM. It's great you talked already with Rhonda, they are such nice people, also very accommodating...Yes, they have lots of cattle, but on the other hand if your horses are not used to them, this is a great place to board and use this very situation to desensitize them:yes: However, they do have a lot of shows there, so there will be quite a bit of horse and people traffic (including use of the indoor arena, obviously) on the weekends....
Also, the gators do come up all the way on the back side in the canals - another good opportunity to desensitize your horses:cool:

Manni01
Jun. 21, 2011, 06:55 AM
The people seemed lovely and the whole place looked very well cared for. I boarded my horses in a stable in Hamburg several years ago and there the athmospere was very similar. I loved the boarding facility there and we left only because we were moving to another City. So IMO the facility will be perfect.
With the cattle.. I have never boarded with Western Riders before. And ofcourse my horses are used to Cattle. Right now we have about 200 of them as neighbors of our pasture.
I´m just not really sure about their opinion when working in the arena at the same time. Maybe there are cows running towards them??? I just don´t know and I guess I´ll find out....

With the gators I don´t know. Are horses scared of them?? Usually my horses are very confident. For example my dogs are very respectful of them and usually dont enter the pasture when horses are around.

SanJacMonument
Jun. 21, 2011, 09:38 AM
You can always practice your roping skills on both cattle and alligators. I always keep duct tape in my back pocket to shut the alligator's mouth up.

Manni01
Jun. 21, 2011, 09:49 AM
You can always practice your roping skills on both cattle and alligators. I always keep duct tape in my back pocket to shut the alligator's mouth up.

Sounds kind of challenging:):) So far I don´t have any roping skills at all.... I´m just a poor german dressage rider..:winkgrin::winkgrin:

But maybe something I can practise at the Triple J Ranch:)

Manni01
Jun. 24, 2011, 05:57 AM
To complete my intro..

Usually I prefer to know the person I´m talking to and I think its only fair, if the other side gets a chance to know me too....

So I would like to post 2 of my horses on video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQYJ07b9Rbw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoBfThwwh8

They used to be my broodmares (the black one is by Sandro Hit, the chestnut one is by Don Schufro. She is from the motherline of Chacco Blue)
But now after 4 foals I decided to stop breeding (very bad market situation) and started ( probably a little late ) to give them some excercise. I kept their last foals. They are 2 years now

CFFarm
Jun. 24, 2011, 11:55 AM
Here's a site that might help:

http://www.newhorse.com/page/horseboarding/b.510.g.4556.html:cool:

KrazyTBMare
Jun. 24, 2011, 02:44 PM
Welcome! I live in NE Fl so now tips on where to board but I wanted to welcome you to COTH as well. Your mares are lovely!

Carol O
Jun. 24, 2011, 06:28 PM
Lovely arena in your videos! Germany looks beautiful! Nice horses as well!

lovey1121
Jun. 25, 2011, 08:56 AM
Beautiful horses! Welcome to the US!! The girls may have a tough time adjusting to the heat and bugs, but they'll love the turnout and grass!