PDA

View Full Version : Wayne Eventing Derby

flutie1
Jun. 18, 2011, 12:39 PM
Entries are slow coming in (which seems to be the case all over the country!), and we need to get a count ASAP so we know about extra judges, etc. It's a fun and popular compatition that runs July 1 - 3.

BBowen
Jun. 25, 2011, 12:39 PM
Entries are slow coming in (which seems to be the case all over the country!), and we need to get a count ASAP so we know about extra judges, etc. It's a fun and popular compatition that runs July 1 - 3.

I am very sad to announce that the July 1-3 Wayne Eventing Derby has been canceled. Entries were extremely low. Because of my poor scheduling, the competition was slated immediately following two well filled USEA local events and two weeks prior to an extremely popular event in Kentucky that didn't run last year. As a result, horses and riders are tapped out. As “seasoned” an organizer as I am, I am feeling my way in the proper spot for an unrecognized event. Next time, I’ll get it right!

I have already booked Lamplight for next year - April 10-12 - so you can all get your horses out first thing in a non-threatening atmosphere. Hopefully no snow! If there is interest, we may do a Derby this October, but this is far from finalized!

Full refunds will be given.

Again, I'm really sorry!

Katie Lindsay

tenacity
Jun. 27, 2011, 12:36 PM
I was so disappointed to hear that this was cancelled. My mare and I were planning on venturing over from H/J land to participate in the fun. I would definitely be interested if another derby gets added to the schedule.

Camstock
Jun. 27, 2011, 02:15 PM
Rats, Katie! Thanks for trying and for keeping your chin up and soldiering on. I could see a trip to Lamplight in October...

Brigitte
Jun. 27, 2011, 04:42 PM
Katie, I hope October works out, that would be a so nice to have in the fall.

Gry2Yng
Jun. 27, 2011, 10:28 PM
Would love to participate in something in the fall.

jiya
Jun. 28, 2011, 04:47 AM
The jumps are numbered or there'd be a lot of confusion.

flutie1
Jun. 28, 2011, 03:21 PM
The jumps are numbered or there'd be a lot of confusion.

Huh?

Carried Away
Jun. 28, 2011, 04:22 PM
hmm looks like spam...

I'd definitely be interested in doing a Derby at Lamplight in October. Great way to end the season!