PDA

View Full Version : CANTER looker

mortebella
Jun. 18, 2011, 08:31 AM
5yr old mare, 16.2. Pasturns might be a tad longish. But man! What a machine! Description indicates competive attitude.

http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4003:swiss-spirit&catid=42:s-cal-trainer-listings

enjoytheride
Jun. 18, 2011, 10:34 AM
I read

"don't ever ask her to canter in public or you'll never stop her."

"flashy enough the judge will not notice the extra leaping during your dressage test"

"once you find a bit that can stop her you'll have no problem cross country"

albertaeventer
Jun. 18, 2011, 04:54 PM
I love her! Looks and sounds exactly like my ottb mare, who is a total firecracker, but I would love to have 10 more just like her! ;)

BigRuss1996
Jun. 18, 2011, 05:42 PM
We seriously need a "Like" button on here!...LMAO!!

I read

"flashy enough the judge will not notice the extra leaping during your dressage test"

mortebella
Jun. 18, 2011, 10:25 PM
I read

You say all this like it's a bad thing! :lol::lol::lol:

wishnwell
Jun. 19, 2011, 10:21 AM
I like her...but I'm no so worried about the pastern length as maybe the one front that appears to toe out. I'd want to see if that's a fluke stance she's in or what. Sounds like you'd have a possible handful though, can't always be a bad thing!

mortebella
Jun. 19, 2011, 04:25 PM
I think you'd just have to see her in person to say anything for sure. Her back feet look really splayed out in one shot, but then the behind shot looks much more even. I also see a bump on the left hind pastern. But who knows from a picture? Not me, that's for sure. Trainer says sound; caveat emptor. Sure looks worth a look. Not on the west coast, moi. But temperment...hell, she's not even shanked :) Of course, I had one that was a 1 on the ground and a 7 or an 8 under saddle...at least when I first got him.

tradewind
Jun. 19, 2011, 04:41 PM
Almost every CANTER horse I have seen, looks much better in person. Those pictures are taken in a hurry due to trainers time constraints, often with the horse not stood up properly etc. I think if you like her, you should go take a look.

purplnurpl
Jun. 20, 2011, 09:59 AM
5yr old mare, 16.2. Pasturns might be a tad longish. But man! What a machine! Description indicates competive attitude.

http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4003:swiss-spirit&catid=42:s-cal-trainer-listings

Her breeding suggests otherwise. ;)
go get that mare NOW!

Damascus
Hoist the Flag
My Babu
Native Dancer

JER
Jun. 20, 2011, 10:56 AM
The mare raced 32 times and is retiring sound.

That says a lot about how well her conformation functions. :)

goodmorning
Jun. 20, 2011, 11:07 AM
Her pasterns appear to match her shoulder angle, and she has an engine to match her shoulder.

EventingMare
Jun. 21, 2011, 09:54 AM
Going to see her in person would definitely give you a better feel on the situation. It seems everybody says their horse is sound until you see them in person and they look off.

Livetoride1286
Jun. 21, 2011, 08:13 PM
She looks like a tank with some serious spark! I'm not usually a fan of chestnuts (I know! I'm a HORRIBLE person! lol..) but, she looks ridiculously fun!
(And she's so fancy!!)

ace**
Jun. 23, 2011, 01:08 PM
I love her!!

Competitive could just translate to athletic - she certainly looks it!

Too bad I am sooo far north!

Rye
Jun. 24, 2011, 01:08 PM
Ok.....look at this one....the name is hilarious....Booty Man

http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3999:booty-man&catid=258:ky-trainer-listings

cada931
Jun. 24, 2011, 03:12 PM
Ok.....look at this one....the name is hilarious....Booty Man

http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3999:booty-man&catid=258:ky-trainer-listings

...Want that!

ACMEeventing
Jun. 24, 2011, 11:13 PM
I think I'm having a secret affair with Booty Man. That horse is GORGEOUS.

Rye
Jun. 27, 2011, 12:32 PM
Somebody has to get the Booty Man!!