PDA

View Full Version : Premier Equine Boots ?s

RedRyderKy
Jun. 18, 2011, 12:11 AM
I'm looking at the Premier Equine Boots to use for xc and Fox Hunting. I've read the reviews for xc but wanted to know if anyone has used them for hunting. If so, any fear of the boots coming undone? Also saw the boots tend to run big. I've got a very leggy, narrow TB that is 16 hands. He currently uses Woof 2 double strap boots up front and 3 double strap boots in back all as tight as they go. I'm guessing smalls to be able to be tight enough but worry they will be too short. Any thoughts?

pharmgirl
Jun. 18, 2011, 11:20 AM
Can't help you on whether they would be ok hunting (try the Hunting forum if you haven't done so already), but I just got a pair for my guy so I will provide my take on fit.

The new style is a very tall boot- I have a 17.2 hand leggy draft cross and I got large for his hind legs. They fit around his leg (not a huge amt of bone but decent), and just barely fit height wise, as in they were almost too big (BTW, his previous hind boot were Woof XL). I would say, yes, they run generous in height and width so I would guess small may be fine.

ETA so far I love these boots! Very light and it looks like they stay put on my guy (the Woofs would slide behind, which is why I looked into getting other boots).

Bobthehorse
Jun. 18, 2011, 11:49 AM
I have a 16h TB type who is not what I would call fine, behind he is pretty substantial but his front legs are about average for a TB of his size. I got the Medium hinds in the new style and I love them. The Medium fronts were a little big on him and ended up spinning unfortunately. I ended up with NEW airflows in front, which I love.

Havent taken them hunting but have taken them for 2-3 hour hacks through brush, muck, deep sand, water jumps and belly high wet hayfields without a problem. He is a sensitive boy and no rubs, no slipping.

hongkong
Dec. 10, 2011, 10:54 PM
I have a 15hh TB and the smalls were tight for him. I would recommend that you get the mediums, as the smalls will be way to short. The material doesn't look like it will last for long, though. I have the PE ballistic travelling boots and the binding has already worn after 2 times of use.

cobiemurphy
Dec. 10, 2011, 11:52 PM
I have mediums for my 16hh TB, I've been using them for XC for the past 6 months and have been very happy with them.