PDA

View Full Version : Coconino?

Desert Topaz
Jun. 17, 2011, 02:21 PM
A friend and I are debating going to Coconino in Flagastaff in a few weeks, but we're concerned about EHV-1. I know this is a decision only we can make, but I was wondering who else is going and if you're concerned? It seems to me the risk is probably pretty low, but that said no competition is worth the health of my pony. We're coming from southwest Colorado.

I've never been there, are the stalls ones that the horses are able to touch noses? That would greatly influence my decision.

vanraf
Jun. 17, 2011, 06:42 PM
I'm up here with a barnmate right now for the XC schooling fundraiser, but we're from the Phoenix area and as far as the EHV stuff goes it's under control in our area now.

As for the stalls, yes, the horses can touch noses, so that might be your decision right there :/ though the HT is wonderful and otherwise I'd definitely recommend coming down!

netg
Jun. 17, 2011, 08:16 PM
All the barns I knew of under self-imposed quarantine are no longer because things have looked good around here (Tucson/southern AZ). Quite a few people I know are up there for the schooling this weekend.

Desert Topaz
Jun. 17, 2011, 08:26 PM
Yeah, nose touching is a big turn off. The dilemmas!

grzywinskia
Jun. 17, 2011, 10:52 PM
We are coming from Texas. Our vets are not worried at all about the EHV situation as it has calmed down tremendously

azeventer
Jun. 17, 2011, 11:22 PM
They have some stalls where the horses can touch noses, but there are also many enclosed stalls where they cannot reach their neighbors at all. (Can hang heads over top, though.) You can definitely request one of those stalls if you are concerned....just ask!

Desert Topaz
Jun. 18, 2011, 12:34 PM
I think we're going to go, just for the first weekend. I'll be the lady with the white pony :D

vanraf
Jun. 18, 2011, 10:22 PM
I think we're going to go, just for the first weekend. I'll be the lady with the white pony :D

Yay! I'll be one of the ladies with the giant camera and big white lenses :cool: