PDA

View Full Version : This saddle + my leg = good fit?

LaLuna
Jun. 17, 2011, 09:09 AM
I've been trying saddles all week, I even doubled my budget to find something to fit my leg. I've sat in every saddle they had in my seat size range.

picture (http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/262368_111946258897208_100002455034767_116161_1817 683_n.jpg)

flat length (http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/263510_111946278897206_100002455034767_116162_7160 576_n.jpg) I know my leg slipped back, and it would probably fit better if it was in the right spot. Please no critique.

The fit is perfect for my horse, which is why I just want to quit and get this one. This has been the first saddle she wasn't fussy with, it's also one out of three (all the same brand and from the same line, just different models) where she didn't need a half pad. The rest of the saddles all needed one to get the fit right.

I'm doing hunters (local) to get my horse out, but my long term goal is to do local jumpers, a few combined tests and one event a year.

katie+tru
Jun. 17, 2011, 09:24 AM
I'm no expert, but I'd say yes. You have more than enough room infront of your knee even with short stirrups. The seat doesn't seem too big for you... but again, I'm not terribly familiar with flatter jumping saddles. I say if it's comfortable for you and fits your horse, then keep it.

pattnic
Jun. 17, 2011, 09:43 AM
I might say for aesthetic reasons only that the flap may be *slightly* too short for you flat length, but for shorter stirrups jumping and XC, it looks fine. If it is comfortable for you and your horse and in your budget, then I would go for it.

Speaking of budget, what is it? Can you find one used for less?

LaLuna
Jun. 17, 2011, 10:36 PM
It retails at $1,795 new, I am only paying $300 out of pocket once my saddle consigns. I got him down to $600, so I could turn around and sell it if I had to. So, this saddle ended up being in my budget, but I had started looking at saddles I couldn't get discounted on and that would still end up being almost at retail value.

This was seriously the closest fit I could get, without getting an AP. I wouldn't even try to do any jumping with an AP, especially not XC.

avezan
Jun. 18, 2011, 08:22 AM
If it fits your horse well, go for it! I think it looks really good on your leg for jumping, and as pattnic mentioned, just a bit short in your flat length. Just make sure your boot top does catch on the bottom of the flap and you will be fine.

mortebella
Jun. 18, 2011, 08:26 AM
Looks big to me. Your knee is really behind the pocket, butt looks like more than a hand in front of the cantle.

hydro101
Jun. 18, 2011, 08:27 AM
If it fits your horse well, go for it! I think it looks really good on your leg for jumping, and as pattnic mentioned, just a bit short in your flat length. Just make sure your boot top does catch on the bottom of the flap and you will be fine.

This sums up about what I would have said! You sound a little stressed in your post... take a deep breath - saddle buying is happy buying! (mostly :) )

CookiePony
Jun. 18, 2011, 08:38 AM
Looks pretty good. You actually have some room to shorten your stirrup more (in the first pic, it looks a bit long to me for xc). The question is: does it feel ok to you as you W, T, C, and jump?