PDA

View Full Version : DressageClinic.com vs DressageTrainingOnline.com

Isabeau Z Solace
Jun. 17, 2011, 08:47 AM
www.dressageclinic.com

www.dressagetrainingonline.com

Which one to subscribe to? DTO seems more international. I've looked at DC on a 3 day trial, and was, eh, not super impressed. DTO sample videos seem better to me.

Anyone here a subscriber to either? Better yet, anyone subscribed to both and care to offer a comparison review?

NorCalDressage
Jun. 17, 2011, 09:33 AM
I've done both and my preference is DC.

I did have trouble with playing the DTO on certain computers - which frustrated me. The video would play, just the timing & quality was off. This wasn't on a brand new system, but not super old either. Never had that problem with DC.

I've had to cancel & restart my membership with DC several times & it was always done with ease and no issue. That was fine with DTO as well, but I only used them for a one time period of a few months.

DTO has a nice "search" system for say if you want videos about "contact" DC has a nice search system as well, can bring up all videos of say "3-4 year old horses" Or 3rd-4th level horses.

I think the selection of both is good. I would probably only rejoin DC because of the video playing issue. The computer I'm on where I have to most time to watch had some issues with the DTO videos.

springplainsfarm
Jun. 18, 2011, 05:57 AM
I had DTO and cancelled because I couldn't get "full screen" view, which my old eyes need :lol: I contacted them and was able to make slightly larger, but felt I would benefit from larger view.

I also couldn't get it to work on my smart phone, but that could have been me. I did not contact them for assistance about this.

Isabeau Z Solace
Jun. 18, 2011, 12:26 PM
I find the DC site to be so visually busy it is irritating. Any preferences about the list of trainer/instructor/judges offered ? Notice any differences in the content of the videos offered ? To me they seem to be all very variable.

dudleyc
Jun. 18, 2011, 12:40 PM
Ive been a member of both and now just DC. Thw content at DC is better and the site is much easier to deal with.

Xpression
Jul. 8, 2011, 05:52 PM
Bumping this... I'm also interested.

schimmel
Jul. 8, 2011, 06:15 PM
Have you been to horsehero.com? It is a British site. About $27 a year and lots of good videos from Laura Bechtolsheimer (sp) among others. I was on DTO but find horse hero just as good and lots cheaper.

Isabeau Z Solace
Jul. 8, 2011, 07:16 PM
horsehero.com looks interesting.

I signed up to watch the free sample video. Will let you know what I think.

I have a friend who is being earnestly pursued by DC and DTO to supple video content. She's also interested in hearing which video subscriber site people like the most.

carolprudm
Jul. 8, 2011, 09:14 PM
Jane Savoie has a lot of good info on line

Elegante E
Jul. 8, 2011, 09:49 PM
The problem I have with DC is that they don't list the sessions with the same horse in order. So to follow the training of one horse, you have to kind of guess as the labels aren't always consistent. I also don't like that they start playing vids as soon as you are on the site or move within the site. It wastes a lot of time and on a slow system is really time consuming. Even on a faster system it's annoying. There is wind/external noise on many of vids which make listening difficult some times.

There are also a few eye-opening (as in disturbing) vids with new age training. Ick.

Zachary
Jul. 11, 2011, 06:28 PM
As a member of all of the mentioned companies above and an occasional contractor of DressageTrainingOnline.com I was notified of this thread by a friend. We often have to summarize the differences for the Press/Media/Members etc., so hopefully this is helpful.

First, they are ALL great sites! Online learning should be embraced as an additional medium for learning, thank goodness for technology.

DressageClinic-Great trainers, trainers only, all dressage, no full screen, approx. 40 trainers from US and Europe, there are set categories you can go to to choose videos from, no store, no horse sales, no articles, no RSS feed, no ask the expert area, no listing of what is new on site, update with approx. 5 per month.

HorseHero-Great trainers, nice layout of site, all disciplines, 3 UK dressage trainers, an occasional guest trainer, update with approx. 1 dressage video per month, low cost, small store, no horse sales, no RSS Feed, no What's New area, search by any keyword, forum

DressageTrainingOnline.com-Great trainers, all dressage, only place in the online world with Judges View, real tests for you to watch while listening to the judge give their scores and indepth explanation of how they got the score per movement, have Personal Academy, RSS Feed, What's New area, articles, ask the expert area, horse sales, store, 10 new videos per month, search by any keyword or phrase, full screen available as of July 17th.

If anyone has not been a member and would like to try it, write to customerservice@dressagetrainingonline.com, they are great about giving free 1 month trials.

Isabeau Z Solace
Jul. 12, 2011, 01:08 PM
If anyone has not been a member and would like to try it, write to customerservice@dressagetrainingonline.com, they are great about giving free 1 month trials.

Well that's very tempting ! I hope they are okay with you issuing that invite to everyone who reads the COTH boards.:D