PDA

View Full Version : Meet my new Horse!!!

FLeckenAwesome
Jun. 16, 2011, 11:18 PM
Okay.. I can't help it!!!!

Meet my new pony!!! We hope to be dressage and eventing superstars!!! (He even has a five pointed star on his knee...so he's just BOUND to be awesome, right?!?) :lol:

Anyways... I'm desperately in love... Met him when he was ten days old and put down a deposit... So I hope he ends up being all that I want and more :)

Here's his album...
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150203550895967.312930.730570966

or..
http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i211/FleckenAwesome/Wapz%20Hot%20Dan/

I LOVE him.....

Underthebridge
Jun. 16, 2011, 11:33 PM
Awesome, congrats and good luck.

PiaffePlease
Jun. 16, 2011, 11:37 PM
wow, he is gorgeous!!! What a beautiful Appy!!

KrazyTBMare
Jun. 17, 2011, 12:06 AM
<3 HIM! Congrats! Hows Mr Fleck? and your old girl?

atr
Jun. 17, 2011, 12:35 AM
We have the same taste in horses! Fabulous and what a bundle of fun he looks.

FLeckenAwesome
Jun. 17, 2011, 08:32 AM
THanks guys!!! I"m soooo excited about him. He's just a doll. He was very shy at first, but then once he figured out I was cool, he was super sweet. Then he started showing off and being a typical little boy. Hee hee.. So cute! And he's fairly easy too. Takes it all in stride... :) I can't wait!

And thanks KTM.... Roany pony is doing great... losing teeth but otherwise looking FABULOUS!! She even took my friend on a trail ride the other day. And Fleck is doing wonderful.... he was even on the cover of Appaloosa Journal :) Hee hee.. Such a superstar! We've been working hard and had an amazing trot in my lesson the other day. :) How are your guys? I haven't seen any new pics of the new guy recently... share!!!

Lost_at_C
Jun. 17, 2011, 08:44 AM
Oh, gorgeous! The little girl in me still longs for a blanket appaloosa... I used to dream of them as a 12 year old. And that star is incredible... what fun you have ahead!

KrazyTBMare
Jun. 17, 2011, 07:53 PM
Glad to hear the herd is doing well. Ill have to look for that magazine! Layla was just in the Smartpak summer sale catalog in a success story about the SmartOmega 3.

No updates with Rex as 3 weeks ago Layla was snarking at him to get him to move and he ran and kicked at her and her lower incisor cut the outside of his left hind right between the digital tendon and suspensory. It cut all the way through the skin though so it was much like a puncture. So hes been out of work with daily wrapping while it heals. I need to get it ultrasounded to make sure everything is ok before I start him going again. Of course, 4 days before the accident, I purchased a saddle for him! LOL

Bugs-n-Frodo
Jun. 17, 2011, 08:05 PM
Congrats!!! VERY cute!

MistyBlue
Jun. 17, 2011, 08:13 PM
Huge congrats! I'm green with envy, I adore that line!
So which Wap is poppa?

IdahoRider
Jun. 17, 2011, 08:44 PM
Wow! He is a handsome guy, and he looks like he'll be a lot of fun to work with. Handsome, handsome, handsome.

And did I mention how handsome he is?
Sheilah

up-at-5
Jun. 17, 2011, 08:46 PM
He is really, really cute!

Bugs-n-Frodo
Jun. 17, 2011, 09:00 PM
I sorta been looking at your FB pics. Love your Iggy!!! Your horse (Fleck) is hilarious!

Zu Zu
Jun. 17, 2011, 09:55 PM
OMG ~ He is WONDERFUL !!!!! :yes::cool::D

Thanks for sharing .. more please ?

FLeckenAwesome
Jun. 17, 2011, 11:34 PM
ha ha!! Fleck is hilarious!!! he cracks me up every day.... But thank you :) And yep.. the iggy is great.. a pain in my butt, but... great :)

Thanks so much everyone! I'm so excited! I spent years looking (literally because of finances, then losing my colt, then timing) and... he just is exactly what I wanted. He may not be the fanciest mover, or the best dressage bloodlines, but for my price range and what I want.. he's perfect!! and I can teach up all right and nice too :)

His Dad is Wapuzzan, who's Dad is Wap Spotted, who's Dad is Wap Spot, who is the big sire for JG Appaloosas and Virginia Hoods breeding program. (I think I did that right!).

So.. stay tuned... once he's home.. there will be no stopping the pictures! Poor Fleck is going to be one jealous big brother...

And KTM.... I hope that he's all healed and ready to ride in that nice new saddle of his :) Silly ponies....

The Hobbit
Jun. 18, 2011, 12:43 AM
He's absolutely beautiful! Quite the looker. :) Congrats!

Carol O
Jun. 18, 2011, 12:50 AM
OMG, I LOVE the spots! I am the proud owner of a DWB and a Friesian, but I am a closet Appy lover!!! What a nice horse!!!! When I see the apps at the shows I secretly go around and fuss over them. LOVE them! Any Waps in there? Good choice! I know you will have fun!~

Carol O
Jun. 18, 2011, 12:52 AM
Duh. Just went back and looked again, and of course there is Wap in there! Who's his daddy?

Carol O
Jun. 18, 2011, 12:57 AM
Okay, went back again, and see who Dad is... I have always coveted horses from the V Hood farm. Good job! You will have so much fun with him!

I have watched their horses from afar for years. Very, nice find!

Galloping Granny
Jun. 18, 2011, 01:01 AM
I've owned many WBs and TBs and I love them, but the very best horses I've ever owned have been Apps! Every single one has been an amazing athlete with a fabulous brain, and they stay sound. Of all the horses I've ever known and owned the one I would clone is a half TB Appy. There's still something special in those spotted genes.

tbmorgan
Jun. 18, 2011, 01:31 AM
Congrats!!!
I am a complete, total sucker for a blanketed appy! My first horse was a 17 hand jet black appy with a perfect spotted blanket. He was my heart! I wish you all the best with your lovely little guy!

Katja

Bugs-n-Frodo
Jun. 18, 2011, 01:38 AM
Whats breed is his dam? She's pretty nice too! ;)

FLeckenAwesome
Jun. 18, 2011, 08:29 AM
Thanks so much guys. I'm super pysched!!

Momma is an Irish Sport Horse, with some TB in there, and she goes back to King Of Diamonds, which is a great eventing sire :) So... fingers crossed he'll be fancy fancy and love to jump!

Carol O
Jun. 18, 2011, 11:13 AM
Yes, I too have a soft spot for the apps. They are sane.

I went to the Waps website and was sad to see that Virginia has passed. I would have loved to have met her. I loved that Waps Reflection horse. I always wanted one. I like a horse with lots of chrome; one that makes you look!

kb
Jun. 19, 2011, 06:24 PM
Very nice. Gotta love the Wap babies. Very nice article on you and Fleck in the recent Appaloosa Journal! Yea for the spotted ponies!

Leprechaun
Jun. 19, 2011, 11:50 PM
Too cute. Many congrats!

LarkspurCO
Jun. 20, 2011, 01:13 AM
You better watch out -- I am going to come and take him.:cool:

Mukluk
Jun. 20, 2011, 02:10 AM
He is absolutely ADORABLE-- cuter than a bugs ear. Keep us posted. You are so lucky!!!! And so is that boy to have you as his mama!

FLeckenAwesome
Jun. 20, 2011, 04:19 AM
Thanks guys!!! I can't wait til he comes home and we can start going on walks... and ponying....

And thanks KB! I was so excited to see that handsome face on the cover!!! They sent me three copies so I can frame them :)

I'm seriously going to have to figure out when i can take another 12 hrs to drive there and back to visit him :)

suzy
Jun. 20, 2011, 09:05 AM
He is sooooo adorable, and I love his markings. Best wishes to you with him. You have much to look forward to!

BoyleHeightsKid
Jun. 20, 2011, 11:42 AM
Hehe! He's very adorable!!! Good luck with him!

ohrebecca
Jun. 20, 2011, 12:09 PM
What a looker! Please keep us updated on him, with LOTS and lots of pictures ;-)

Cataluna
Jun. 22, 2011, 11:41 AM
Yes please on the picture updates! He is a stunner, congrats on such a fabulous purchase. I'm a sucker for spots!

I have an 2011 App Sport Horse as well. Filly though. :)

She's Royal Senna (Hanoverian) and Plaudit bred:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/Randelle/DSCN5753.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/Randelle/DSCN5616.jpg

Hopefully I'll be able to breed her to one of the Wap boys someday.

johnnysauntie
Jun. 22, 2011, 11:43 AM
Dang, he is pretty. My favorite Breyer model in my collection as a kid was Stud Spider. I still fantasize about a dark bay or black appy with a loud blanket. Please do feed us lots of pics of that cute boy.

I love Cataluna's spunky filly, too!

WBLover
Jun. 22, 2011, 03:01 PM
He is a DOLL!!! Love the coloring and he looks quite athletic!

Is he going to roan out to be all leopard? Or will he stay bay/leopard? Either way, he'll be gorgeous.....but I love those tall leopard stockings!!

InWhyCee Redux
Jun. 22, 2011, 04:22 PM
Cataluna, I love your baby's ATTITUDE! There's APP written all over that second photo. :cool:

I had a Stud Spider model, as well — seriously, why would anyone want an App without spots?

TheBrightSide06
Jun. 22, 2011, 05:02 PM
I used to ride a half brother of his! He was FABULOUS!! Congrats on your new boy, he will be amazing!!

pryme_thyme
Jun. 22, 2011, 05:13 PM
Woo hoo! Another appy sport horse, gorgeous!
I have a buckskin Leopard DWB X App, as many of you have likely seen, bring on the colour, love it!

Congrats!

EasyStreet
Jun. 22, 2011, 05:29 PM
Best wishes to you and keep us posted!! Fancy!!:winkgrin:

FLeckenAwesome
Jun. 22, 2011, 09:54 PM
Cataluna... what a gorgeous little filly!!! Where did you find her?! Just curious... as I really honestly thought I had found EVERY SINGLE Appy breeder and seen everything that was available! I'm surprised I missed one ;) She is lovely!!! Hopefully we'll see you out and about at the FEH stuff!

Ooh Silly Kobie.. who did you ride? I love hearing about siblings! My friend just bought his older half-brother and my other friend has his full sister. :) She's only a yearling now though, so...

Thanks guys!! His 1 month birthday pics should be coming in a few days!

Cataluna
Jun. 23, 2011, 11:27 AM
She's actually out of my mare :). I have her 2 y/o half sister for sale right now actually:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/Randelle/DSCN5430.jpg

She's App x TB (Fappiano bred), and she was supposed to be my "keeper" before the new one came along lol.

We should keep in touch, it would be so fun to meet up at a show! Maybe we can do a pas de deux together :lol:.

FLeckenAwesome
Jun. 23, 2011, 03:23 PM
Oh hey... I was just oohing and aaahing over her facebook pictures somehow... Are you on the JG fan page? That must have been where I saw her.... I think!

Very cool.. will send you a pm with my info so we can keep in touch :)

TheBrightSide06
Jun. 23, 2011, 07:20 PM
Ooh Silly Kobie.. who did you ride? I love hearing about siblings! My friend just bought his older half-brother and my other friend has his full sister. :) She's only a yearling now though, so...

Thanks guys!! His 1 month birthday pics should be coming in a few days!

His name is Jerry and he's an eventer now! He's either 4 or 5 and I got to ride him when I was a WS. He has the BEST trot I've ridden and is crazy floaty/athletic/smart/scopey/talented. He's going to go very far! I have pics of him on Facebook!!

http://www.teamceoeventing.com/jerry_stand_oct09.JPG
http://www.teamceoeventing.com/jerry_trot2.jpg

FLeckenAwesome
Jun. 24, 2011, 03:57 AM
I LOOOOOOOVVVVVEEEE Jerry!! I think I have emailed Megan about buying him no less than three times.. ha! but I can never afford him. So... this little guy is my Jerry look-a-like!! I hope that he stays dark like Jerry.. and doesn't roan out.
I almost bought Jerry's full brother but he sold the weekend I decided to buy... which worked out fine in the end. But I was hoping they would have bred his Momma back again. But she's retired. I do love her kids. I'm hoping that Danny goes as nicely as Jerry seems to be doing!!

That's so cool that you ride him... I seriously love that horse!

kb
Jun. 24, 2011, 06:32 PM
I have a friend who recently bought a horse from Megan and when she was going up to try him out I begged her to ride Jerry just so I could live vicariously through her. She thought I was crazy.

Fleck - now that we have eponacowgirl (Lauren) in the Appy realm - we should tell her that we need to see her on the cover of AJ too!

FLeckenAwesome
Jun. 27, 2011, 11:40 AM
ha ha!! Yes ma'am!! He's a cutie too...

CoppersRider
Jun. 27, 2011, 02:16 PM
Congrats to you. You sure have a cutie pie. I'll bet you absolutely can't wait till he comes home. Good luck hanging in there till then. I'll be looking forward to seeing the new pictures.