PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a pasture/roundpen/paddock I could rent next weekend near KHP?

eponacowgirl
Jun. 16, 2011, 09:44 PM
I'm showing next weekend at Midsouth and had only planned to bring one horse. The other has been working through some lameness issues and as of today, I decided a trip to Hagyard is in order since I'm headed to Lexington anyway. I was just going to try to get him a stall for the weekend at the horse park but he is a pasture horse and if he doesn't have a JOB and is standing in a stall... I think we'll both hate each other by the time the weekend is over.

Anyway, I'm looking for a place to throw him out from Thurs-Sun in close proximity to the horse park. He could go in a round pen or paddock and is fine alone or could be out with other geldings, he's always been very amiable. Any suggestions? I have one offer on the table but its a touch on the far side!

Thanks!

FoxChaser
Jun. 16, 2011, 11:18 PM
I'm afraid I don't have space, but you might check out Saddles & Sheets (http://www.saddlesandsheets.com/facility.htm) which is just lovely and only 9 miles from the Park, just a few minutes off of I-64. I think it takes me maybe 15-20 minutes to get between the two. We've kept our boys there before when we've been out of town. They have great turnout and the barn is gorgeous- great people too!

eponacowgirl
Jun. 16, 2011, 11:25 PM
I'm afraid I don't have space, but you might check out Saddles & Sheets (http://www.saddlesandsheets.com/facility.htm) which is just lovely and only 9 miles from the Park, just a few minutes off of I-64. I think it takes me maybe 15-20 minutes to get between the two. We've kept our boys there before when we've been out of town. They have great turnout and the barn is gorgeous- great people too!

Thanks! I will give them a call in the AM!

gully's pilot
Jun. 17, 2011, 11:43 AM
Perhaps try Cathy Wieschhoff's Carriage Station Farm. It too is about 20 minutes from the park.

2ndyrgal
Jun. 18, 2011, 11:23 AM
They are very accomodating and should be able to help you out. Yeah, you'll pay a bit more, but since you're going over there anyway, it might not be too bad. I'd ask them, saves you a trip.

bugsynskeeter
Jun. 18, 2011, 11:57 AM
They are very accomodating and should be able to help you out. Yeah, you'll pay a bit more, but since you're going over there anyway, it might not be too bad. I'd ask them, saves you a trip.

I wouldn't do this. Those paddocks get a lot of use by many different horses and don't have any shelter.

eventersmom
Jun. 18, 2011, 11:38 PM
PM sent!

pinkdiamondracing
Jun. 19, 2011, 02:46 AM
Lauren-- i have room at my farm-- PM me if you are interested-- it takes me about 30 minutes to get to the HP from my place, but I have tons of grass, and can pick up n deliver.