PDA

View Full Version : Charles Owen Pro II Skull Cap - Helmet Fit ??

PletchersMom
Jun. 16, 2011, 08:15 PM
I have a question regarding the fit of this helmet.

I have a JR8 in a size 58 (7 1/8"). I ordered the skull cap in the same size and it seems to be a deeper fitting helmet than the JR8.
When I put it on, the front of the helmet is at my eye brows. Feels alittle different but nothing I cant live with. Does this seem right?
Other than that, it fits great. I love the back of the helmet, lower portion supports the bottom of your skull :)

And yes...I purchased the purple :D

Any input would be appreciated, as I was wondering if I should try the next size smaller.

Cheers!

IFG
Jun. 16, 2011, 08:44 PM
The helmet is deeper. I am comfortable in the skull, but I find that the JR8 perches on me. So long as you find the skull comfortable, you should be fine.

midnightride
Jun. 16, 2011, 10:17 PM
I luv, luv, luv, luv my Pro II (and my prior Pro) and have been dreading the quest to upgrade my (i think a Wellington or something like that.... all velvet....) anyway.... if you like the Pro II and have a JR8 and find the general fit good ( I get the deeper issue, the skull caps do sit lower on your head)....this may give me a general direction... thanks!!!!

Ibex
Jun. 16, 2011, 10:52 PM
I have a Pro II and an Ayr8 - they seem to fit the same! The other COs look just... odd... on me... :eek:

Criscrossed
Jun. 16, 2011, 11:21 PM
The Pro II and AYR8 are made with the same shell- it is more oval than the shell for the GR8 and J3 (both made on a rounder shell) and some other CO helmets. Due to the difference in basic shape, the size needed may be different between certain helmets. As long as it fits and is comfortable, I wouldn't worry too much.

paintmare
Jun. 16, 2011, 11:47 PM
I have a question regarding the fit of this helmet.

I have a JR8 in a size 58 (7 1/8"). I ordered the skull cap in the same size and it seems to be a deeper fitting helmet than the JR8.
When I put it on, the front of the helmet is at my eye brows. Feels alittle different but nothing I cant live with. Does this seem right?
Other than that, it fits great. I love the back of the helmet, lower portion supports the bottom of your skull :)

And yes...I purchased the purple :D

Any input would be appreciated, as I was wondering if I should try the next size smaller.

Cheers!

LMAO. I read this and for a second was like 'Did I post this?". I have a JR8 in a 7 1/8 and also inquired to smartpak about the sizing difference having read it fits a little differently. I went ahead and took advantage of Legacy Tack's helmet sale this past weekend and got the purple skull cap (black & purple are our XC colors!) in the 7 1/8. Here's hoping to both of us that it works!

IFG
Jun. 17, 2011, 08:10 AM
The Wellington is also a deeper fit. Figures, my head only fits in the expensive helmets.

ltmac
Jun. 17, 2011, 11:02 AM
My first CO helmet was my Pro II, I've had it for three years and it's still perfect! I don't remember how I had my Pro II fitted, but I just remember getting it a different size so that the padding would squish and fit perfectly. I also don't remember what size, sorry! In December, I bought the Wellington Pro (7 1/8) and it fits a lot differently. Like IFG said, the Pro II is deeper than the JR8 & Wellington Pro that perch more. I'll also note that I fit my Wellington Pro with my ponytail up in my helmet, and it works with my Pro II as well.

Welcome to the best helmet ever! :)

Auto Be A Storm
Jun. 18, 2011, 07:40 AM
My Pro II fits me better than anyother helmet I have every worn!!! It is a deeper fit, but it isn't perched on my head it is actually around me head!!! It is sooooo somfy I am about to purchase another one to have b/c I like tis helmet tooo much!!!

PletchersMom
Jul. 4, 2011, 12:09 PM
I ended up getting the next size smaller and the helmet fits great. WHOOT!!! :)