PDA

View Full Version : Dalmar & Tri-Zone Boots - Thoughts?

MidnightFlyer
Jun. 16, 2011, 04:31 PM
I'm looking at getting the Dalmar eventer boots or the Tri-Zone boots for XC - does anyone have any or have any thoughts on them?

Thanks

KaBoom!
Jun. 16, 2011, 09:43 PM
Try doing a search on the topic! I was looking for very large hind boots and the topic came up about size and fit.

Eventing_Rocks
Jun. 16, 2011, 10:06 PM
I had the Tri-Zone boots first and the back boots rubbed my horse raw. I had no issues with the front boots.

I then bought the Dalmars and they are the best boots! They look great and clean great! They do not rub.

MidnightFlyer
Jun. 16, 2011, 11:00 PM
How is the protection on the Dalmar boots?

Thanks guys!

Ibex
Jun. 16, 2011, 11:16 PM
I have the tri-zones. Haven't tried them XC yet, but they were a bit snug on my big-boned WB mare (I bought them on eBay, so no return), but doable. My thing is the bulk upgrading from the neoprene Woof boots I'd been using - they're HUGE...

WB Mom
Jun. 17, 2011, 07:09 AM
I broke down and bought the Dalmars at Rolex after talking to the Bit of Britain folks. They were very helpful.
I LOVE these boots! They have what I call a strike plate at the front and back. They breathe and are quite flexible, with great coverage. They do not hold water. I got the largest as my pony is quite stout in the leg area. They fit him, although a tiny bit small in back, and my trainer can also use them on her much smaller boned TB. They are very pricey, but frankly I don't plan on having to buy another set of boots ever. My trainer has been very impressed with the quality of these and now wants a set for herself. I think we will end up sharing for a while due to the $$.

scubed
Jun. 17, 2011, 09:47 AM
Love my Dalmars. Great protection, long lasting, light and don't hold water. I did not like the fit of the Tri-Zone nearly as well.

MidnightFlyer
Jun. 17, 2011, 07:09 PM
Thanks guys! I believe i'm going to go with the Dalmars!

ACMEeventing
Jun. 17, 2011, 07:13 PM
Also bought the Dalmars at Rolex and have been very pleased with them.

Thurman
Jun. 26, 2011, 12:45 PM
What size Dalmars would y'all recommend for a 16.2 hand TB that is not particularly fine boned?

mugsgame
Jun. 26, 2011, 04:14 PM
The feedback in the UK is beware of Dalmars. Several horses have had nasty injuries in them when the carbon fibre guards have shattered.

This is a thread on this problem. One forum user wrote that it severed their horses tendon and wrote off $50k worth of horse . There is a photo of a shattered one.

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=454535&highlight=Dalmar