PDA

View Full Version : Fredericksburg, VA or surrounding areas: tall-boot zipper repair

DustInTime04
Jun. 15, 2011, 11:00 AM
At my last show, the zipper on one of my show boots got stuck in my sock. I've had it happen before but the zipper busted after I had to eventually get the boot off! Anyone know of a place that does a good job fixing zippers? These are good boots and really only used for showing so in good condition... so any help with finding a place to fix them would be greatly appreciated

paulaedwina
Jun. 15, 2011, 11:08 AM
Any cobbler will be able to help you so just look for a shoe repair place near you. I've been in your position before and was satisfied with that service.

Paula

carolprudm
Jun. 15, 2011, 01:34 PM
Not zippers but we have had other work done here
http://bakersshoerepair.com/

Sophie says hi to Mc Dreamy

DustInTime04
Jun. 17, 2011, 11:36 AM
Thanks! and carolprudm 'Mc Dreamy' says hello back! I haven't heard him called that in years.

NRB
Jun. 17, 2011, 09:46 PM
Zippers in tall boots can be quite tricky to fix. So if you can't find anything local you can call Journeymen in Middleburg and ask them if they can do it. Normally the answer is yes but they are always busy so the turnaround might be longish. I lived in Fred area for 10yrs and that's usually what I would do. The guy who repairs tack out of his trailer at Hazelwild... can't recall his name, but he is great for other leather repair stuff. Don't know about zippers in boots.