View Full Version : Paradise Farm HT will run RECOGNIZED with on-site Stabling !!!

Jun. 14, 2011, 08:20 AM
This was an interesting path to follow as it unfolded...Lellie is well aware of how much $$$ it takes to event and horse show so she first thought running the horse trial UNrecognized would be a more popular decision - put the advertisement on the website. Then, as it turns out, there were folks from Aiken and the neighboring states who did indeed want a recognized show on that very date and asked...so the Paradise Farm Horse Trial will run RECOGNIZED on October 22, 2011. Both the XC courses and the Stadium courses will be available for schooling the next day, October 23 - all the decorations still there! Hope to see many of you there :cool:. October in Aiken is the best!

Jun. 14, 2011, 08:32 AM
That is wonderful!

Jun. 14, 2011, 03:55 PM
Very glad to hear it! Wasn't looking forward to Chatt Hills instead (I love the venue but it's expensive and close to six hours away). My horse always has a good experience XC at Paradise.

So, barring accident or injury I'm a definite on one horse, possibly two or three. I will also have at least one student, possibly two or three.

Really looking forward to it--I recommend it to everyone--it's also possibly the only time of year where the weather is enjoyable in SC.

Jun. 29, 2011, 08:35 AM
"so, as an organizer, I pay attention when this many people say this is what my event needs. The competitors and their horses are the reason we have this event...whatever it takes." Lellie Ward :D

Lell asked me to pass this along to eventers thinking of coming to Aiken in the fall. I'm not sure of any details except that she said shavings would be available for purchase. I'd suggest checking the Paradise Farm website Fall Horse Trial link in the next couple of days. I'm excited to hear this as it means more of my friends will be around overnight - maybe two nights! The HT will still be a one-day show on October 22, but there will be open schooling the 23rd for both XC and SJ...lots of reasons to make a fun weekend in lovely Aiken. :cool:

www.paradisefarmaiken.com (http://www.paradisefarmaiken.com) 803-640-4918

Jul. 19, 2011, 07:38 AM
What are the xc courses like there? Move up, difficult? Thanks

Jul. 19, 2011, 07:53 AM
What are the xc courses like there? Move up, difficult? Thanks

I learned to event at Paradise Farm so every fence seems average to me...Tremaine Cooper designs the courses and he says they are no more difficult than any he sees up and down the East Coast. The footing can't be beat - Lellie babies that XC field more than her horses. You will go up and down hills for all levels - if you're used to competing over mostly flat ground, that might make things seem more difficult...you're close enough to easily go over to school Paradise - even better, give Lellie a call (use her cell number - texting is the best) and take a lesson. There's also a Hunter Trial the first of October, so you could get your horse out to experience the feel of competing there before the event! :cool:

Mark Lehner (www.hoofclix.com (http://www.hoofclix.com)) has lots and lots of pictures of the Paradise Farm HT on his site...#48(Rasta Mon) can give you a look at Novice pics, while #64(Blizzard of Oz) will give you a glance at BN...

www.paradisefarmaiken.com (http://www.paradisefarmaiken.com)