PDA

View Full Version : Openings in Becky Holder clinic...

AEM74
Jun. 13, 2011, 09:58 PM
...on August 13 and 14 at Hoosier Horse Park in Indiana. Some of my friends and I are riding in it and we were surprised to receive an email yesterday from Indiana Eventing Assoc. telling us there were still a few spots available. I know a lot of folks would love to ride with her, so I'd hate to see it go unfilled. I have no vested interest as I'm not the organizer or anything, but it should be a fun, wonderful clinic and it's very reasonable, so come ride with us!

Here's a link to the IEA calendar with a link to the entry form if you're interested: http://indyeventers.org/calendar.html. Closes on June 15.

eponacowgirl
Jun. 13, 2011, 10:33 PM
Well, shoot. I had it on my calendar for August but can't come up with the money in the next two days. Boo.

LAZ
Jun. 13, 2011, 10:37 PM
Well, shoot. I had it on my calendar for August but can't come up with the money in the next two days. Boo.

I'm sure the closing date will be extended. Come up and see us, girlie!

Jeannette, formerly ponygyrl
Jun. 13, 2011, 10:42 PM
epona - I would be tempted to call t he organizer and see if sending a non-refundable deposit of 100 bucks might hold my place until I had the money, if I were you.

Everyone else - I have driven, mid-summer, to Atlanta (8 hours) to ride on the face of the sun (OK, it was a really lovely farm, b ut it was still hot hot hot) with Becky, and even though it was crazy (I took 3 horses, so was in the heat all day long) it was absolutely fabulous.

I have had a lot of excellent instruction from fabulous people in my life (don't blame anyone but me for flaws I hang onto!) and BEcky has absolutely taught me probably 7 of the best 10 lessons I've had in my life. Clinics with her are more personalized than private lessons with most anybody else. Seize the opportunity, and enjoy!!

Gry2Yng
Jun. 14, 2011, 09:41 PM
Bless you for this thread. I am so in - if I can still get in.

SweetTalk
Jun. 16, 2011, 12:17 PM
I'm not even an eventer typically...but I'd LOVE to clinic with Becky! Someone snag these spots. Love her!

GutsNGlory
Jun. 16, 2011, 02:15 PM
I am now going! And very excited about it. It means not competing at Penny Oaks... but I think this experience will be much more beneficial for me and my horse than an event at this point.

FoxChaser
Jun. 21, 2011, 03:23 PM
I'm trying to find out if there are still a couple of novice spots open. We may opt to clinic instead of do Penny Oaks as well!

Trak_Eventer
Jun. 21, 2011, 03:47 PM
Becky is amazing! I cliniced with her and now am lucky enough to be in college at UGA. I drive down almost 2 hours for lessons at her Atlanta farm. If you can get in the clinic DO IT! :winkgrin:

bigbaytb
Jun. 21, 2011, 03:48 PM
foxchaser..GO.!

I lucked out, I sent an entry for me and my OTTB. When there were more openings, I decided to take my WB..but then one of my friends wanted to ride, so she asked if she could ride WB..so it saved me some dinero in the process !

We really have to thank IEA since the BOD decided to subsidize the clinic to make it affordable for us!

I'm doing LAZs camp and the clinic..so I'm missing on some events but I'm taking the opportunities when I can get them!

AEM74
Jun. 21, 2011, 03:51 PM
I'm trying to find out if there are still a couple of novice spots open. We may opt to clinic instead of do Penny Oaks as well!

FoxChaser, the IEA web group just received an email this morning informing us of the extended closing date for the BH clinic. There are still a couple of openings!

Like bigbayTB, I am riding with Becky and in LAZ's camp (last summer's camp was amazing). I'm really looking forward to improving my riding and good times with old and new friends. :D

GutsNGlory
Jun. 21, 2011, 04:46 PM
Sounds like everyone is really taking advantage this summer of the great opporunities in this area! I, too, am doing LAZ's first camp and this clinic now. Like I said, I had to give up Penny Oaks, but I still have Leg Up, LAZ's CTs, Octoberfest, etc. so I think I'll be okay :)