PDA

View Full Version : Olde Hope Evening Shade #2- are you going?

BeverlyAStrauss
Jun. 13, 2011, 08:26 PM
Evening Shade #1 had to be cancelled bc of low entries!?! Highly unusual but with gas prices the way they are it seems like entries are down everywhere. This is a great event, in the late afternoon/evening so no heat to contend with. Great place to start young horses and riders, or just have fun. Lots of variety, including some great new Novice fences. Low pressure, well run, and fun!

So, who is going???

Bev

Brandy76
Jun. 13, 2011, 08:41 PM
Jane is great, and I have been debating about going. I am coming back from an injury, and I know we're not fit enough for DVCTA yet, but I think we should be ok for Olde Hope. Are you going, Bev?

Laurierace
Jun. 13, 2011, 09:03 PM
As much as I love Olde Hope I beg to differ that the heat is not an issue. It is often in the high 90's when the event starts. That is just too hot for my old guy.

kkindley
Jun. 13, 2011, 09:48 PM
a couple from my barn are going!

ottb
Jun. 13, 2011, 10:14 PM
when is it?

BeverlyAStrauss
Jun. 14, 2011, 08:09 AM
June 24th, Friday evening. I am bringing Wish. Patty is bringing Highest. Yay KKindley! C'mon Brandy, you have a title to defend LOL! I would love to do DVCTA as well but hubby has a triathlon. At least with this event, you aren't riding in the middle of the day.

DiablosHalo
Jun. 14, 2011, 10:39 AM
I just sent in my entry. We'll be there hot or not!

allisontatman
Jun. 14, 2011, 12:00 PM
Had plans to go to the first one, but my guy's corneal ulcer kinda messed up those plans, and unfortunately, he won't be ready to go by the 24th :( So sad, cause I love Olde Hope!

Eventingjunkie
Jun. 14, 2011, 12:56 PM
C'mon, let's get those entries in!
I would hate for Jane to have to cancel such a great show, and...my four year old really needs the experience.

Meredith Clark
Jun. 15, 2011, 09:45 PM
I already entered Fair Hill for July and I can't afford another HT this soon... my boos gotta eat first and foremost!

BeverlyAStrauss
Jun. 16, 2011, 07:34 AM
I hear you Meredith! We have cut way back on our competitive endeavors- eventing for me, triathlons for hubby- and now I have two horses going-- duh, what was I thinking? At least I am having a lot of time at home working on our dressage......

DiablosHalo
Jun. 16, 2011, 07:43 AM
I'm on the other end - where I'd love to show more but don't have the time to ride. I'm stuck riding once a week and sitting at elementary for the unforseeable future! If only I could put the kids in a stall so I could ride more... hmmm.... :)