PDA

View Full Version : Good Dressage Trainer for HOT Horse

SueCoo2
Jun. 13, 2011, 10:57 AM
I need to try to find someone that can help me with my dressage. My mare is extremely hot and tense and I really need some good constructive help ASAP. I am in the Houston/Katy/Fulshear area of Texas. If anyone can make a suggestion, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

ETA: We do Eventing, so she's always very "fit".

SamWerner
Jun. 13, 2011, 01:54 PM
Check with Sonesta Farm. I know they are near Houston.

Velvet
Jun. 13, 2011, 03:04 PM
Check with Sonesta Farm. I know they are near Houston.

Not so sure I'd suggest Sonesta for an uber hot horse. I would (and do) suggest Pam Fowler Grace (http://www.pamgrace.com/) . She has a lot of experience with really hot horses. Star in Stripes being one of them when I saw her compete on him a few years back. :lol:

SueCoo2
Jun. 13, 2011, 03:43 PM
Everyone for both these and the private messages. I'll update you with hopefully some good news of progress as soon as I can get the help. :yes:

BetterOffRed
Jun. 13, 2011, 11:14 PM
Hi SueCoo,
I hope you and your mare are doing well and that you found the help you need.

SamWerner
Jun. 14, 2011, 01:01 AM
Not so sure I'd suggest Sonesta for an uber hot horse. I would (and do) suggest Pam Fowler Grace (http://www.pamgrace.com/) . She has a lot of experience with really hot horses. Star in Stripes being one of them when I saw her compete on him a few years back. :lol:

I meant to literally check with Sonesta, like if she knew of anyone because she is from that area...

meupatdoes
Jun. 14, 2011, 04:55 AM
Eddo Hoekstra does clinics at Sonesta and he could really help if you clinic-ed with him.

Lurena Bell up in Conroe is also fantastic; that is who PFG goes to for lessons. ;)

carolprudm
Jun. 14, 2011, 08:05 AM
I need to try to find someone that can help me with my dressage. My mare is extremely hot and tense and I really need some good constructive help ASAP. I am in the Houston/Katy/Fulshear area of Texas. If anyone can make a suggestion, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

ETA: We do Eventing, so she's always very "fit".
While I can't help you with the name of a trainer I can tell you that with my very speedy eventing hony the most important thing was to school dressage first thing every ride.

He soon learned that the length of a dressage session was entirely up to him and that the sooner he did what I asked him to do the sooner he could go out and play.

He also became very solid in the dressage phase, usually scoring in the top 3

Spectrum
Jun. 14, 2011, 01:41 PM
I will second that Pam Fowler Grace (who works out of Freeman Ranch in Katy, TX) is very good with hot horses.

Star in Stripes (Kossini) is very hot, and she had special spurs made that have no nubs on them so she could show him FEI, where spurs are required. That's how hot he is. :)

I worked with her extensively and saw her ride many extremely sensitive horses with a great deal of tact on a daily basis, but without letting them get away with B.S. either.

Spectrum.

EqTrainer
Jun. 14, 2011, 04:40 PM
Pam is very good with the hotties :)

J-Lu
Jun. 14, 2011, 10:27 PM
SueCoo2!!! How are you and your spicey gal!

I disagree with several posts here, you know why.

PM me, I'm curious... Are you interested in sending her to someone for training? If so, I'd suggest Nancy Hintz. The proof is in Collectors Item. Are you interested in local lessons? PM or call me, woman!

J.