PDA

View Full Version : Spring Run training helmetcam

riderboy
Jun. 12, 2011, 10:49 PM
First of all, major kudos to Susan and Blake Harris and the army of volunteers who make Spring Run Horse Trial so much fun and make all the competitors feel so welcome. The farm was immaculate, the jumps beautifully done and the food fabulous! Anyway , I finished in second on my dressage score, no face plant this time! I think you can tell from the video I'm a scoochy bit nervous in parts! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujguA7Vqlb0

JER
Jun. 12, 2011, 11:04 PM
Anyway , I finished in second on my dressage score...

Big, big congrats! So happy for both you and your horse. :)

whicker
Jun. 13, 2011, 12:39 AM
Congrats Riderboy!!! I'm so happy for you! Now you need to show us the photo of your big grin of accomplishment. So the new tee shirt can have the 2 photos with the latin motto
Veni
Vidi
Vinci
Ideally with your foot on a conquered stadium jump..:D:lol:

LSM1212
Jun. 13, 2011, 12:40 AM
Huge congrats. I was there spectating today. Awesome show and fabulous weather. I'm lucky that my barn is right down the road. :-)

cindylouwho
Jun. 13, 2011, 08:38 AM
Congrats on your great ride!!! It was a fun course and as always Susan puts on an amazing horse trials!! Scores were posted so fast, that they were up before I cooled out my horse, and I rode early in my division!

OTTB FTW
Jun. 13, 2011, 09:08 AM
Great job!! Your boy looks like he is even happier out there with the Training level speed. I like him a lot! Congrats to you both!! Well deserved ribbon!
Thanks for posting, love to see the courses in another part of the country.

ACMEeventing
Jun. 13, 2011, 09:20 AM
Yay! Awesome job :yes:

CallMeGrace
Jun. 13, 2011, 09:30 AM
Woo hoo! Those of us in the announcer's booth loved your roar of encouragement as you jumped out of the field there! You both looked fabulous! Aren't we lucky that Susan, Blake, and the Steinbocks allow us to run all over their farms!! Really a wonderful weekend - all the hard work preparation showed. :yes:

eponacowgirl
Jun. 13, 2011, 10:01 AM
Great ride! Makes me antsy to get out again. Love the "This horse is a flipping SAINT!" at the end. I usually say the same thing as I climb down.

riderboy
Jun. 13, 2011, 10:11 AM
Great ride! Makes me antsy to get out again. Love the "This horse is a flipping SAINT!" at the end. I usually say the same thing as I climb down.

Yes he was! I thought I could catch the first place rider by making the time, which I did, but so did she. Once again I got my ass kicked by a little girl! He was a ltle sticky to fence 2 and really backed off at fence 10, a very straightforward brush jump in the fenceline, hence the bear growl. I think we were leaving the field where there were a lot of horses, I really don't know why. It was the most fun XC run I've had, the course was varied and rode well. And I stayed on top. :D

EventingJ
Jun. 13, 2011, 10:21 AM
wahoo! looked like lots of fun, great job

Auburn
Jun. 13, 2011, 10:33 AM
What a blast! You were flying around that course. My heart rate still has not dropped back down to normal.

You are my hero for moving up and for kicking butt. Congratulations on your 2nd place. :D

Are Gryhrs and you coming down to the MidSouth PC HT?

deltawave
Jun. 13, 2011, 11:00 AM
DANG, those are some big ditches! :eek:

Great ride. :)

scubed
Jun. 13, 2011, 11:04 AM
That was great. What fun

LSM1212
Jun. 13, 2011, 11:40 AM
Loved the kiss at the end. :)

wildlifer
Jun. 13, 2011, 02:47 PM
Congrats, rb, on your fantastic finish!!

eponacowgirl
Jun. 13, 2011, 08:05 PM
And I stayed on top. :D

Best advice I've ever gotten... "Just stay on top."

ltmac
Jun. 13, 2011, 10:19 PM
Wow, looks like a great ride! Enjoyed watching, thanks for putting it up. :)

Auto Be A Storm
Jun. 14, 2011, 09:30 AM
that was wonderful!!!!! Great ride

Mudroom
Jun. 14, 2011, 12:36 PM
Great video. My guy backed off #10 too. I think it must have been the leaving the barn area thing.

Thanks to Susan and her whole village for a great event.

Kairoshorses
Jun. 14, 2011, 01:31 PM
You made it look easy, RB! Well done. I have to say I like riders who "talk" to their horses. You do a great job!

CookiePony
Jun. 14, 2011, 03:42 PM
Yay!!! Good for you, RB!

riderboy
Jun. 14, 2011, 07:35 PM
You made it look easy, RB! Well done. I have to say I like riders who "talk" to their horses. You do a great job!

Well, I was a little surprised at how sort of harsh I sounded with him in spots The stick really upsets him and he can sort of unravel a bit and I try to use it very little, so I talk to him. On the gallop stretches I really wanted him to GO! The growl was just necessary, but he was such a good boy otherwise. I should have said thank you to him a lot more than I did!