PDA

View Full Version : Open Prelim Dressage Score of 16.5!

Auburn
Jun. 12, 2011, 09:41 AM
I was just checking the scores at Spring Run's HT. The winning Open Prelminary rider finished on her dressage score of 16.5 penalty points. :eek:

Holy Cow! Since the next closest dressage score was in the mid 20's, she must have had the ride of a lifetime.

Who got to watch that dressage test? Riderboy? Gryhrs?

Meredith Clark
Jun. 12, 2011, 04:39 PM
:eek:

whicker
Jun. 12, 2011, 04:51 PM
:eek: Are you sure it isn't a typo? Who is it? Did Anky take up eventing, too?

CallMeGrace
Jun. 12, 2011, 06:22 PM
No typo - we in scoring looked at it 5 times!! :-) My daughter said it was an incredible test, and yes, the horse can jump, too....:eek:

riderboy
Jun. 13, 2011, 07:56 AM
I think the skinny on that horse is that it had done Grand Prix dressage in it's former life. And it's test was beautiful.

Auburn
Jun. 13, 2011, 09:13 AM
Thanks, Riderboy.

How cool is it that a former Grand Prix Dressage horse loves to jump high jumps, too?

I wonder if he has the potential to move up to the big league? After all, CMP will be gone after next year, so would not be around to ruin him. ;)

Rabbit351w
Jun. 13, 2011, 12:02 PM
That can't be right... According to USEF he's a 2002 model, and only has eventing results (all with this owner) going back to 2007. Looks like he was only registered with USEF in early 2007. I suppose he could have done GP in Europe then been imported, but he would have been 4. I know they move along quicker over there, but....;)

Eithe way I'm sure the ride was LOVELY, anyone know if there is a video of the test?

Mudroom
Jun. 13, 2011, 02:16 PM
Imagine being the 2nd place horse: finish on your dressage score of 33.9 and still be more than 17 points behind the leader!

Congratulations to Laura, an amateur!

SLR
Jun. 13, 2011, 02:23 PM
Definately not a Grand Prix dressage horse. Laura imported him from the Netherlands when he was fairly young. Maybe a 4 or 5 year old. Has done the training herself, and he had a year off for an injury. She's an English teacher. Congratulations to her !!!!

Mudroom
Jun. 13, 2011, 02:56 PM
pix are up!

you can see her at

http://suzannefischer.instaproofs.com/category.php?event=397020&id=1018816

riderboy
Jun. 13, 2011, 03:39 PM
Definately not a Grand Prix dressage horse. Laura imported him from the Netherlands when he was fairly young. Maybe a 4 or 5 year old. Has done the training herself, and he had a year off for an injury. She's an English teacher. Congratulations to her !!!!

Yes, congrats to her, well done. My info was incorrect, I can't remember exactly where I heard it, I think it was at the competitor party-that should tell you something! ;)

Event4Life
Jun. 13, 2011, 06:57 PM
Wow that's so exciting, and exactly what I love about eventing....how well Amateurs can do even without a huge budget. I was actually just talking about Americans importing from the Netherlands with a Dutch sort of horsey friend (as in, she rode when she was younger but hadn't for years) who didn't believe that Americans imported horses from Holland! haha. Anyway, Congratulations to the rider (and horse)!

ltmac
Jun. 13, 2011, 09:26 PM
Dang, let's start a 20-point system. Must've had a million 10's.

Good for them, though!