PDA

View Full Version : Wintec - the equisuede seat VS the synth leather seat, and butt sweating :)

Starting-Point-Stables
Jun. 12, 2011, 08:31 AM
I'm going to buy a new Wintec and I already have half a dozen of the (now older) 500 models in our lesson program. Have a new horse and getting a new saddle, but can't decide on the "Next Gen 500" with the synth leather seat or the Wintec 2000 (the new model) with the equisuede seat. My concerns are care and in a lesson environment, or 3-4 hour trail rides, and butt sweating. :sadsmile:

I know the 500's material doesn't breath, so it makes me sweat on the bum, but once you hop off it dries rather quickly because it doesn't absorb anything. I'm wondering if the equisuede breathes (even a bit) enough to negate my other 'wonder', which is if dries as quickly once a sweaty butt is out of the seat. :)

The 500's are about $200 cheaper than the equisuede seated 2000 model.

Carol O
Jun. 12, 2011, 09:10 AM
I have never had sweaty bum issues with the "suede" seat.

MySparrow
Jun. 12, 2011, 09:44 AM
I use both in my lesson program, including a now 15-year-old 2000 that I first used in Bahrain, the hottest and sweatiest place on earth. It is very comfortable and not as "damp" as the 500s.

Elegante E
Jun. 12, 2011, 10:25 AM
Maybe you need Monkey Butt or Glide?

Starting-Point-Stables
Jun. 12, 2011, 12:02 PM
Elegante E - LOL, I had to look up Monkey Butt.

Starting-Point-Stables
Jun. 12, 2011, 12:10 PM
Does anyone know the difference between the Wintec 2000 and the Pro - all the website says is the pro has a square cantle. Does this change the seat depth or panel shape?