PDA

View Full Version : blanket with mesh lining

colorfan
Jun. 11, 2011, 10:33 PM
I used to have a wonderful heavy denier blanket with a mesh lining. It was great for cool nights, windy days, spring, fall.
Can't remember what brand it was.
Does anyone else have a similar blanket and could you give me the name of the blanket please?

thanks for your help.

NowThatsATrot
Jun. 12, 2011, 11:54 AM
I have two sheets like this -- one is a Warlock (which may or may not have been discontinued) and the other is a McAlister. I don't think the deniers are all that high but they've held up to pesky turnout buddies fairly well.

I've had the Warlock about five years and it's been used, abused, washed, and beaten and it just needs a little re-waterproofing. Both blankets were inexpensive enough that I wouldn't weep if they got completely destroyed.

stryder
Jun. 12, 2011, 11:55 AM
My Northwinds rainsheets from Dover are 1680 denier and have a mesh lining.

scubed
Jun. 12, 2011, 04:02 PM
Other options include yhe big d available from Smartpak, turtle from Jeffers and Pessoa turnout. I just googled turnout sheet mesh and got several with the Dover Northwind coming up most

colorfan
Jun. 13, 2011, 12:11 AM
ha thought of googling after I posted here.

I wonder how warm the northwinds are?

I will check out the other brands thanks.

stryder
Jun. 13, 2011, 12:30 AM
I use mine from about 35-60 degrees. Below that for several hours and I want to put on a stable blanket under. Above that and I want to switch to her Bucas Sunshower sheet. Main thing for me is keeping her dry and blocking the wind, which the Northwinds does.

colorfan
Jun. 25, 2011, 09:44 PM
thanks

Dressage.For.Life.
Jun. 26, 2011, 09:35 AM
My Pessoa Summit sheet is mesh lined. The one I have is now on closeout as they made a new version with an even higher denier count (2100 vs. 1800) and the new one has an even longer warranty (3 years as apposed to one or two).

I'm not sure if their other models are mesh lined but they have many others, too (Alpine lightweight, midweight, etc.).

Ginger
Jun. 26, 2011, 09:44 AM
The WeatherBeeta Orican Freestyle lite has a mesh lining. Have one, love it, perfect for what you mentioned.