PDA

View Full Version : Wofford clinic this Wensday, June 15

whicker
Jun. 11, 2011, 09:57 PM
There is a new Wofford clinic in Flint Hill, Va. There are a few spots open in Preliminary, if any of you would like a chance to ride. It is a show jumping clinic, this time. My hope is that we can fill this one, and we can have a more regular series. (This is close to me, and I want to learn from the master.:winkgrin:)

Please p.m. me if you are interested in this clinic or in futher ones. I am riding a very green mare, so I know there will be lower levels, too.

By the way, I'm not the organizer, but was asked to get the word out.

FLeckenAwesome
Jun. 11, 2011, 10:04 PM
awwwww man....

That is soooo tempting.... go clinic with Wofford and visit my baby all at the same time!!! Too bad I won't get off work til 8 am Wed am... doubt I'd make it to VA in time (From GA) to ride... :(

whicker
Jun. 11, 2011, 11:09 PM
Just charter a jet, and we will be waiting with your long cool drink...:lol:

Seriously, Fleck, I'm hoping for at least 2x a month with him. There are cross country jumps to school over, a dressage arena and the owners are breaking ground on an indoor arena for this winter.
You could stay at Hunter's Rest B&B&B (bed, breakfast and barn) near by. If it is foxhunting season, she has wonderful hirelings, too....

wildlifer
Jun. 12, 2011, 11:05 AM
*sigh* If wishes could spirit me there....

whicker
Jun. 12, 2011, 11:47 AM
Wildlifer,

It's short notice, I know. The great man, just told the organizer recently that he had time available. Hence the scramble to fill the clinic. He only has a max of 4 riders in a group, 3 groups for the day. Lots of individual attention and encouragement. Plus, he is inclusive of the non- riding riders and auditors.

I hope that we will build a group of riders for these clinics. As a nod to JW's and my foxhunting, I will bring as a "Stirrup Cup" whatever libations and gourmet goodies it takes to encourage enthusiastic participation.:winkgrin::lol:

whicker
Jun. 13, 2011, 01:02 PM
*bump*